Just look around you, and you will see it. Decorations in all those shop windows, flickering lights everywhere – on the streets, along the buildings and even in your friend’s apartment. Even the sky has chosen to cover itself with this lovely greyish-white fluffy pillow with anticipation of snow. Let’s face it – winter is comming, and along with it – Christmas, as always.
The gift giving season is approaching, I bet you’ve seen all those “JULKLAPPAR!” banners all over the streets. The fantastic thing is, we can start sharing and getting int the Jul-spirit even now, by preparing something really tasty that everyone will like (the kids, especially!). And that’s the main reason I decided to share a very easy sweet coconut-and-chocolate recipe with you today.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - CHOKLADBOLLAR!
Chokladbollar (Chocolate Balls)
Preparation time: 20 minutes + some cooling time in the fridge
Ingredients for ca. 25 pieces (I use the most popular swedish measurements, of course):
100g butter or margarine (not the salty one! the best is “osaltat smör)
85g (=1dl) sugar
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
3dl instant oatmeal (Swedish people love their healthy havre gryn!)
1 1/2 – 2dl coconut flakes
1. Mix together these ingredients: butter (or margarine), sugar, vanilla sugar. Do it thoroughly.
2. Add cocoa and instant oatmeal, stir it all together gently, untill it’s evenly mixed.
3. Let the dough cool down in the fridge for a moment.
4. Take it out of the fridge and start forming round, proportional balls. Roll them in coconut flakes afterwards.
5. Put them into the fridge for a while – keep them there before serving.
Tips: If you’d like to add some raisin taste to it, just mix in some chopped raisin into the dough.
I can guarantee you that not many people will be able to resist this chocolate-coconut temptation…