• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Christmas buffet gives 75 Swedes food poisoning

The Local
post 20.Dec.2012, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Christmas dinner was spoiled at a restaurant in Sweden's far north after suspected food poisoning left over 70 diners doubled over with illness.

The Christmas buffet on the BBB ferry in Luleå made 75 people from five different companies sick in the past week, according to the local Norrbottens Kuriren newspaper.

This equates to one in three diners since last Tuesday.

"This is clearly food poisoning, I can say this much without even seeing the results from our tests," said Anders Österlund, an infectious disease doctor in Norbotten, to the paper.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
StockholmSam
post 20.Dec.2012, 11:44 AM
Post #2

"According to the paper, the same food was served at another restaurant but no one reported falling ill."
So obviously a worker at the restaurant did not clean himself properly after a visit to the restroom. Nice.
+
Programmeny
post 20.Dec.2012, 11:52 AM
Post #3

I think we need stricter food laws. I mean don't get me wrong, but there has been quite a few food poisoning cases these last few days.
+
johan rebel
post 20.Dec.2012, 12:08 PM
Post #4

The Swedish julbord is a culinary disaster that is imposed on restaurant patrons for almost two months out of every year. Thank god for Indian, Thai, and other "exotic" restaurants.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com