• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Dog hotel question

Leaving your dog for a longer time

naderiano
post 11.Feb.2013, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Hej Guys/Gals,

I'm planning to buy a dog, my only problem is my summer vacations where I go back to my home country for about one month. I've checked the hundhotels and hunddagis(s) but they seem to be closed on holidays! Is there anyway one can leave their dogs for a longer period? (Don't wanna ask friends, they're too busy wink.gif )
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 11.Feb.2013, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Please don't buy a dog and leave him for a month. Unfair. He would not abandon you for a vacation.
+
Flutterbye
post 11.Feb.2013, 11:08 PM
Post #3

How about letting the dog go on holiday and you stay in a boarding kennel cool.gif
Attached Image
+
PDX
post 12.Feb.2013, 08:23 AM
Post #4

Try a stir-fry before you leave, you can always get another dog after all. That way they'll stay always as puppies rolleyes.gif

Link:
http://puppybeef.com/recipes.php

~~~PDX~~~
+
johnjohn
post 12.Feb.2013, 08:38 AM
Post #5

Chinese best seller... '101 Ways to Wok Your Dog'.
+
snarky
post 12.Feb.2013, 12:11 PM
Post #6

There are a lot of dog kennels, so I am not sure how many you found that were closed on holidays, especially considering that is their busy season....

My experience with dog kennels here has not been good. I have tried 4 and there is only 1 that I will continue to kennel my dogs at. I would try to go by word of mouth or set up an appointment with each kennel to look at their property and ask questions. The good one I found is an hour+ from my house, but well worth it. I remember once that one of my dogs didn't want to leave, lol, so we drive the hour+ to use this one because I know my dogs are taken care of.

A month is extremely long time though...are you positive you want to get a dog? This year I will be taking a 3 week trip back home and I am already feeling guilty about having to kennel them. Hell most years I only go on vacation for one week and I feel guilty kenneling them, but you are going for a month every year....I don't know I would just think more about this if I were you.
+
naderiano
post 12.Feb.2013, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Thanks Snarky and all others. I need to reconsider, true. I've also been checking possibilities to take my dog with me when I go on vacation. seems possible... need a dog pass , rabies vaccine...
+
PDX
post 12.Feb.2013, 05:42 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (naderiano @ 12.Feb.2013, 05:35 PM) *
Thanks Snarky and all others.

No problem, let me know if you need more recipes rolleyes.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
olga118
post 12.Feb.2013, 07:53 PM
Post #9

Have you considered having someone stay in your home while you are away? That way the dog would have constant companionship and it wouldn't cost you anything as you could offer the apartment in exchange for dog care and possibly a small rent.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com