• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Online shopping without a PN?

Possible ?

lostinSE
post 2.Jan.2015, 11:49 AM
Post #1

I would like to know if it is possible to shop online without having a PN.
Now,I know you don`t need a PN to buy stuff online,but what I do not know is if you need a PN (for the address) to pick up the package at the post.

I would assume the package pickup is name sensitive and not name+address sensitive.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 2.Jan.2015, 01:26 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (lostinSE @ 2.Jan.2015, 11:49 AM) *
...what I do not know is if you need a PN (for the address) to pick up the package at the post.

My local ICA / Posten accepts a UK passport as proof of ID for collection, and so does the local Schenker agent.
+
Hisingen
post 2.Jan.2015, 01:54 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 2.Jan.2015, 01:26 PM) *
My local ICA / Posten accepts a UK passport as proof of ID for collection, and so does the local Schenker agent.

By contrast, my local ICA does not. Only Swedish ID - and Swedish bank card for any payment. The local Schenker DFS etc, is OK though. Makes you think that, often, they make up their own rules for the sake of comfort. Either that, or they follow other directives to the bitter end. Possibly affected by the local population??
+
lostinSE
post 2.Jan.2015, 03:54 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 2.Jan.2015, 01:26 PM) *

I want to order something from Escentual,a UK based store. When you order something from the UK,other than the shipment+products,do you need to pay any other import tax?
QUOTE (Hisingen @ 2.Jan.2015, 01:54 PM) *
By contrast, my local ICA does not. Only Swedish ID - and Swedish bank card for any payment. The local Schenker DFS etc, is OK though. Makes you think that, often, they make u ... (show full quote)

So what`s the course of action for a tourist in regards to online shopping in SE?
+
Hisingen
post 2.Jan.2015, 04:32 PM
Post #5

As a tourist, then possibly the best thing is for delivery in the home country. Personally, were I a tourist anywhere, I would not be doing on-lne shopping. But then, that is just me.
+
lostinSE
post 2.Jan.2015, 04:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 2.Jan.2015, 04:32 PM) *
As a tourist, then possibly the best thing is for delivery in the home country. Personally, were I a tourist anywhere, I would not be doing on-lne shopping. But then, that is just me.

there is a good deal for 3 perfumes at around 160gbp while it`s close to 3,000kr at NK in Stockholm. Oh well,c`est la vie
+
yet another brit
post 2.Jan.2015, 04:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 2.Jan.2015, 01:54 PM) *
By contrast, my local ICA does not. .....[snip] Possibly affected by the local population??

Posssibly local practice. There are so many Brits around here that they sell Marmite :-)
+
Hisingen
post 2.Jan.2015, 04:43 PM
Post #8

Sorry lostinSE - but I am not into perfumes- my other half is allergic - -
As you say - c'est la vie
+
Hisingen
post 2.Jan.2015, 04:48 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 2.Jan.2015, 04:43 PM) *
Posssibly local practice. There are so many Brits around here that they sell Marmite :-)

Here they wouldn't know anything about that round glass jar with the yellow top. That I used to buy down in Gbg at The Indian Food Shop, but now I get my supplies from The British Corner Shop in the UK. Mind you - the corner shop., when seen on Google Earth - is a big warehouse out in the country north of Bristol.
Anyway, I don't need a PN for shopping there, just the means to pay!! It is then delivered direct to my door.
+
lostinSE
post 2.Jan.2015, 10:23 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 2.Jan.2015, 04:43 PM) *
Sorry lostinSE - but I am not into perfumes- my other half is allergic - -. As you say - c'est la vie

Tell her you`ll miss her lol
I`ll buy straight from the retailers as I realized I don`t really trust online shopping when it comes to perfumes.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
?>