• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

English speaking psychologists in Malmö/CPH

Mid life crisis - Any recommendations?

LockStock
post 19.Jan.2016, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Hi All,

I am a mid level expat manager.I have a good education, a well paying job, and a loving family. I know that I need to be grateful for all of this but since recently I have felt an overwhelming apathy that I can't explain. I am only 31 and not sure whether it is an early "mid life crisis" due to the fact that I have been up and running quite early and working my ass off since 15 or something else like me coming from a southern country and a different culture and living in a completely different environment, ,me being overweight, weather, or the fact that I lost belief in God or whatever it is. So I am looking for a professional help. Does anybody have recommendation how to deal with it? I haven't visited any psychologist in my life but now considering to giving it a try. So any recommendations on that in Malm
Go to the top of the page
+
littleviking
post 19.Jan.2016, 03:39 PM
Post #2

I cant really recommend anyone, i live in the wrong part of the country for that but I would recommend you going to see a primary doctor they can recommend you to a psychologist, in theory you can always look on 1177.se what places have a psychologist section and ask if they have someone that speaks english a lot of times they have and you can even see if they have someone that speaks you native language. Mine english speaking one is actually from Spain so she has more then one language.

personally i found speaking to a psychologist good and its helps but also seeing a primary doctor can help its good to get stuff check out so your symptoms are not something medical related, my best friend found she was anemic and have some issue with her thyroid .
+
LockStock
post 19.Jan.2016, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Hi Littleviking. Thanks a lot for your recommendations. I was not aware that v?rdguiden could help me out with finding a psychologist. I will denifitely check with them. My Swedish is not as good as to be able to express my feelings and emotions in depth, so that's why i was looking for somebody that would be able to communciate in English.
I was also thinking whether my mood could be affected by some medical condition, though I doubted it. But worth a check as well. Not sure though how they would be able to pinpoint to a condition without me going through an extensive medical check up, and I have heard stories that they don't do check ups if there is no prior physical manifestation of illness. Will give them a call and consult.
Thanks again!
+
littleviking
post 19.Jan.2016, 08:09 PM
Post #4

i got a lot of test done since i dont really fell all that good, also gain "some" weight(just enough to be quite obese), i felt quite tired and with out any energy.
you can also check for an expat family -general practitioner doctor that speak english and well lets be honest they are more willing to do test and stuff on you with out you having to insist.
I live in a tiny city so i got a swede that speaks english so i had to settle.

+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: