• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Heated Towel Ladders

Dual wiring

alexandermfg
post 13.Nov.2012, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Has anybody seen prior to March 2009 an publication for an electric heated towel ladder that has an option of dual connection on the left hand and right hand side.
This was published in Sweden around this time and is very important that I find it.
Go to the top of the page
+
John.Smith
post 13.Nov.2012, 08:10 AM
Post #2

?

What do you mean a 'publication'? Do you mean an advert or brochure? If so, what brand, make, model etc.... Some details might work in your favor here.
+
alexandermfg
post 14.Nov.2012, 04:56 AM
Post #3

Dear John
It is a magazine from Sweden and it featured a dual connection heated towel ladder in an article or advert. The magazine was viewed in China and the product copied and sold to New Zealand.
I have little further detail at this stage. Only that it was late 2008 early 2009.
A bit like looking for a needle in a haystack sorry.
+
skogsbo
post 14.Nov.2012, 07:42 AM
Post #4

perhaps if you expand why, it might help too.

Most towel rails have dual connection in the sense that you can connect the incoming hot water feed to the R or L side, with the exit feed opposite.

Or do you mean that you can insert a heater element and also have a hot water feed.

Both of which apply to 99% of all 'plumbed' in type of towel rail that I've ever seen.

Although, because of the way you fight the brackets onto them, prior to wall mounting, L and R is irrelevent, as you simply turn them around. It's the connectors tthat you screw into the base that allows you to have a water feed and a heater element on the same radiator.
+
John.Smith
post 14.Nov.2012, 08:36 AM
Post #5

Sorry... I do not believe that you will ever be able to narrow this one down unless you have a picture of the product or a brand etc...

Here is a link to Sweden's most popular brands of 'handukstork' products.
http://www.badshop.se/handdukstork/425

If you know what the Chinese copy looks like.. or better still the original... you may have luck going onto the OEM's website and trawling through their product catalogs.

Have to say... I am curious as to what the urgency is with this?? smile.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 14.Nov.2012, 03:11 PM
Post #6

On a side note: my towel rack is located above a floor mounted electric element that I turn on in the winter to bump up the heat a bit in the bathroom. It sure is nice to step out of the shower and grab a nice, hot towel on a cold morning.
+
John.Smith
post 15.Nov.2012, 07:27 AM
Post #7

I had a large electrical (oil filled) towel rack fitted. Not only good for bathroom towels but also excellent for drying off the kids bathing suits and towels after swimming too smile.gif

+1 on the warm towel after hopping out of the shower.
+
alexandermfg
post 21.Nov.2012, 12:35 AM
Post #8

Dear John
We have a NZ company claiming a patent on this idea of having 2 connections on a single electric heated towel ladder.
They are trying to stop me selling them and to fight this I need to prove the idea has been out there before March 2009 . The idea is not novel as above have mentioned the water filed ones having it . However it is easy to get a patent on a seemingly basic idea in NZ.
I face the classic case of David verus Golith and need this artical from the Swedish magazine as evidence .
+
skogsbo
post 21.Nov.2012, 07:26 AM
Post #9

I presume you have done searches to try and find said item for sale in the northern hemisphere?

Uk/US/Europe patent offices?
+
John.Smith
post 21.Nov.2012, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Look at this link:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...yFY7Hswaz3YCwBg

It is a search for a company 2008 catelog for towel warmers for 2008. Contact the company Soma Therm and see if they can send you their 2008 material. If you see a matching product then ask them for the product spec etc...

http://www.somatherm.se/index.php?id=6
+
Point Pure
post 18.Dec.2012, 01:44 PM
Post #11

Hi

Always a fan of David.
I am following this quite close and am interested in what progress you make.

I think John has put you on right path with link to www.badshop.se
Have a look at lower image on http://www.badshop.se/pax-blues-handdukstork/22610-0

Pax make dry element towel rails similar to ones used in NZ. These are not water or oil filled with an electric element for heating like most European radiator type ladders but have a insulated heating wire running through the ladder.

Image shows alternative controlled electrical connection that can fit top of either pole.

I do not know now long Pax have done this, you will have to contact them.
They also do a dry element S rail that the electrical end can be turned 180° so it goes from bottom left or top right wiring to bottom right or top left wiring.

Hope this helps.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com