• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Swedish pensions are reduced more than expected

Significant changes for 2014

Yorkshireman
post 21.Feb.2013, 02:14 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Onourway @ 21.Feb.2013, 01:39 PM) *
A strong currency is the last thing that a country with such a small population, massive social system and reliance on manufacturing output needs at the moment.

I take it You mean some other country than Sweden then? Sweden's GDP is made up of around 27% manufacturing/industry and 70+% Services, and a little % of agriculture also. I would hardly say it was reliant on manufacturing! blink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Onourway
post 21.Feb.2013, 02:38 PM
Post #17

As they say, there's lie's, damn lies and statistics.

If you think part-time waiters are where Sweden's economic future lies then you're as blind as my neighbour who believes that 125 unemployed asylum seekers are great for our village with it's ageing population of 400. A village that has had zero investment from the state or local kommun for the last twenty years and has witnessed a decline in population from 5000 to just 400. What's the solution to this decline, invest in jobs for it's youth? invest in local business? No, move 125 asylum seekers into the empty kommun buildings and let them wander the streets aimlessly while the state pays their rent, bills and gives them spending money.
+
Hisingen
post 22.Feb.2013, 12:10 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Onourway @ 21.Feb.2013, 02:38 PM) *
As they say, there's lie's, damn lies and statistics. - - - - No, move 125 asylum seekers into the empty kommun buildings and let them wander the streets aimlessly whi ... (show full quote)

And before very long they have managed to buy themselves cars so that they no longer wander around, they drive around, and many look pretty flush, too.
+
Yorkshireman
post 22.Feb.2013, 08:01 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (Onourway @ 21.Feb.2013, 02:38 PM) *
As they say, there's lie's, damn lies and statistics. If you think part-time waiters are where Sweden's economic future lies then you're as blind as my neighbo ... (show full quote)

Asylum seekers need special permission before they are allowed to work, which is probably why they are unemployed!, in addition to that it takes approx just less than 3 months for an asylum decision to be made, so it must be fresh blood circulating through your village ... anyone you see in the NGO propaganda or news that claims they have been waiting for an asylum decision for a couple of years actual means they have been refused many times, refuse to leave the country, and mean they have been waiting for a yes for a couple of years biggrin.gif

Since your little town has reduced in size very much, I suspect that as 25% is asylum seekers, that the local Kommun receives reasonable revenue from them from Migrationsverket, who pays for asylum seekers until a decision is made. If it wasn't for them, your town would have even worse condition since that revenue will disappear also!

Maybe You mean people that have been granted asylum? If so, one wonders if they stay in your town because they feel the warmth of your hearts! rolleyes.gif
+
Onourway
post 22.Feb.2013, 11:12 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 22.Feb.2013, 08:01 AM) *
Maybe You mean people that have been granted asylum? If so, one wonders if they stay in your town because they feel the warmth of your hearts! rolleyes.gif

Give me a cold heart before a bleeding heart any day rolleyes.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se