• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

No arrests as police hunt for gang rape suspects

The Local
post 15.Jan.2013, 07:04 AM
Post #1

No arrests have yet been made and police continue their investigation following the suspected gang rape on Sunday of a 22-year-old woman near the Sundbyberg train station in Stockholm.

The victim told police she was attacked and raped by five men in the early hours of Sunday morning as she was walking home from the train station.

Following the attack, the woman called a friend who in turn alerted police.

While no arrests have been made in the case, police have secured forensic evidence which is currently being analyzed

According to the Expressen newspaper, the evidence consists of a used condom recovered near the scene of the suspected attack, although police have refused to confirm the nature of the evidence.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
TG22
post 15.Jan.2013, 03:47 PM
Post #2

"All I can say is that there are five assailants"
Is that it? nothing more significant? Really?
+
wxman
post 15.Jan.2013, 09:20 PM
Post #3

I'm sure they were your average tall blonde blue-eyed Swedes. Remember, you as a government official may not always reap what you sew, but some innocent citizen will.
+
Kamv
post 15.Jan.2013, 11:29 PM
Post #4

Justice comes to everyone!!. They will get theres one way or another.
+
smilingjack
post 16.Jan.2013, 06:40 AM
Post #5

nasty.very nasty. I think you will find it may be cultural as others have hinted at but ALL religions depower women. If you can get rid of religion in society we will go a long way to empowering women.
In australia there are new laws about to be passed where religious groups can legally discriminate against "sinners" but you are not allowed to discriminate against religious people for example - for being mentally unbalanced and believing women should be raped, she deserved what she got for wearing "those" clothes, gays should be killed and the world was created by an old bearded man clapping his hands together. they are the traits of upstanding citizens according to australian law.
however being an unmarried woman or a single mother, gay, disapproving of religion, dressing as you please is just not acceptable. Its absurd on a huge level and another good reason to stay away from australia.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options