• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Homeless shelters? funding?

Where can I find them?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Dec.2012, 12:33 AM
Post #31

Again! First day join/post asking for help!

And naturally being what we are, we begin to snipe at one and other...a bit mild now but taking sides is becoming evident as to the veracity of the OP...Trollism lives! laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Mark249
post 12.Dec.2012, 05:44 AM
Post #32

I am shocked by the utter lack of compassion. The guy wasn't asking for money, he was asking for information. That's why people usually register at the discuss forum. People prioritise different things and maybe he wants to keep necessaties like his phone or laptop at the expense of food or maybe some friend lent him a computer.

Either Sweden has made you people cold blooded or SD should really come to power and kick you EU immigrants out. We never had this eu immigrant problem before joining the EU.
+
Coolrunnings
post 12.Dec.2012, 07:14 AM
Post #33

You'll have to forgive seamus, he's Irish.
+
Seamus Sean
post 12.Dec.2012, 07:23 AM
Post #34

Aye and we are not normaly fooled too easy...any of you guys want to play the Nigerian lotto this week??

Mark I often meet contradicting people, I find them most interesting, you want everyone to show compassion for someone taking the piss yet somehow hope all EU imigrants will one day be kicked out of Sweden...you are a very interesting guy!

At least we can tell the folk¨s back home that the Trolls are alive and well in Sweden...and many interesting people believe in them still!
+
John.Smith
post 12.Dec.2012, 07:54 AM
Post #35

The OP joins, asks for information... got it and doesn't return to repost... Would you not reckon that once he got the info he needed that he had better things to do such as sort out how to get home and accommodation. Is it really so strange that he had found free internet access in this day and age?

Whilst I have never had to live on the streets I (and some friends) have had to help a mate out recently in London who was in a similar situation. Pride kept him from asking for help until such time that we intervened. It is an all too easy trap to fall into.

It gets tiring that some fools on this forum label every New poster a troll. Like a dog pissing on a lamp-post to mark his territory.
+
Yorkshireman
post 12.Dec.2012, 08:35 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 12.Dec.2012, 07:23 AM) *
Aye and we are not normaly fooled too easy...any of you guys want to play the Nigerian lotto this week??

Don't need to, apparently I won the UN Lottery several times smile.gif
QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 12.Dec.2012, 07:23 AM) *
At least we can tell the folk¨s back home that the Trolls are alive and well in Sweden...and many interesting people believe in them still!

Hej ...It's Christmas ... even trolls sometimes need food and shelter wink.gif
smile.gif
+
skogsbo
post 12.Dec.2012, 09:24 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 12.Dec.2012, 07:54 AM) *
It gets tiring that some fools on this forum label every New poster a troll. Like a dog pissing on a lamp-post to mark his territory.

Everyone was a new member / first poster once!

Some possibly more than once though. smile.gif But wthout them this place would be duller still.
+
John.Smith
post 12.Dec.2012, 09:29 AM
Post #38

Yeah but we are lacking entertaining trolls as of late. Are they hibernating for the Winter?
+
Puffin
post 12.Dec.2012, 07:34 PM
Post #39

If there are posters facing homelessness or other difficulties places to contact are

The Stockholm City Mission (Stadsmissionen)
http://www.stadsmissionen.se/Socialverksamhet/Hemloshet1/

The Salvation Army (Frälsningsarmé) also has various social services and activities
http://www.fralsningsarmen.se/dl2/p3/conte...fralsningsarmen
+
Emerentia
post 12.Dec.2012, 10:38 PM
Post #40

There's something called Crossroads, that's different organisations (like the Salvation army, Stadsmissionen etc) working together to help EU citizens in Sweden. Maybe they can give you advise what to do.

http://stockholmcrossroads.se/en/
+
Coolrunnings
post 13.Dec.2012, 06:23 AM
Post #41

According to the website you gave, "As a EU citizen you are not eligible to sleep in any of the city’s shelters." Scary.

While illegal refugees from outside EU with no papers get free healthcare and education... rolleyes.gif
+
John.Smith
post 13.Dec.2012, 07:42 AM
Post #42

Yeah... kind of ironic that EU citizens get sweet fanny adams, but it does act as a good deterrent to stop mass migration from poorer EU states.

Until the accession of the Central and Eastern European states began in 2004 an EU 'migrant' could receive benefits such as dole etc... After the mass rush from East to West many countries applied states benefit rules to 'level' the migration of dole chasers... i.e. why draw the dole in Poland when you can get 4 times as much dole in Sweden.

It is a shame however that for homeless EU migrants there seems to be basically little or no support. In theory each EU State is responsible for helping its own citizens get home.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com