• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Where are the chicken joints?

Gimme some fried chicken!

Baned
post 6.Oct.2009, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Seriously, are there any fried-chicken joints anywhere? I need some fried chicken! Hemköp, ICA, COOP, or any other grocery store fried chicken doesn't count! I want some freshly fried chicken ... and yes, I'm American, and yes, I am lazy to cook it myself.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 6.Oct.2009, 05:58 PM
Post #2

KFC is in copenhagen.
Never found a good chicken house in sweden ... many years ago we had "rooster" but it went downhill very quickly and then closed up shop.
+
Plowbridge
post 6.Oct.2009, 06:23 PM
Post #3

The sad news is that they don't exist here. There used to be a KFC in Stockholm but it shut down. I believe there is a facebook group devoted to bringing the good colonels delights back to these shores.
I'm thinking of flying some over if logistics are possible.
+
craicen
post 6.Oct.2009, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Take Ryanair over the channel and go directly to Brixton. Maybe you'll make it back.
+
byke
post 6.Oct.2009, 08:49 PM
Post #5

Brixton aint ruff ... its like any borough, just more multicultural.
+
craicen
post 6.Oct.2009, 09:04 PM
Post #6

In any case you can get yo bucket a wangs there.
+
superturbo
post 6.Oct.2009, 09:39 PM
Post #7

kfc here was closed because noone liked it, so I doubt that they will risk doing the same mistake again. Even though it would probably be a bit easier for them to sell their fat-dripping chicken now due to the Americanisation of the swedish society.
+
Plowbridge
post 6.Oct.2009, 10:20 PM
Post #8

As a bit of a foodie I admit that KFC is a sin food but it's my No.1 sin food. And as take-aways of all sorts are very,very average here, sorely missed.

The KFC in Brixton is the best in London as cultural demands mean large pieces. A great place Brixton; vibrant and an excellent market. Only the small time know nothings would stereotype it as a ghetto.
+
bravedave
post 7.Oct.2009, 03:22 AM
Post #9

I have been thinking this over for a year now, im very close to opening a KFC.

Europeans (including swedes) are getting fatter, and fast food is getting more and more popular. Look at mc'ds at 3am on a friday! Even during the day its packed.

Did you know that there is the same amount of fat and calories in a typical mc'ds meal than a typical KFC meal.

I agree that Sweden is also becoming more americanised and used to american chains and brands. Also KFC's menu has over 4 sallads as well as rice and mash for sides, so it might apeal to the Swedes aswell as the turists in Sweden.

However, in Hallunda centrum in southen Stockholm you can find a fried chicken house, here is the link:

www. jefc.se
+
DidiE
post 7.Oct.2009, 05:53 AM
Post #10

Can't someone open a Taco Bell?
+
Puffin
post 7.Oct.2009, 06:34 AM
Post #11

Now that would be really good

KFC is disgusting
+
Plowbridge
post 7.Oct.2009, 08:29 AM
Post #12

Surely Taco Bell is the lowest of the low. Shame on you ladies.
+
jack sprat
post 7.Oct.2009, 08:40 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Baned @ 6.Oct.2009, 05:49 PM) *
Seriously, are there any fried-chicken joints anywhere? I need some fried chicken! Hemköp, ICA, COOP, or any other grocery store fried chicken doesn't count! I wa ... (show full quote)

You want a nice chicken joint then first find a decent plump chicken.
Most of them appear to have sadly passed away with a severe case of anorexia, prior to some attempt being made to belatedly revive them by pumping them full of water.
+
DidiE
post 7.Oct.2009, 09:36 AM
Post #14

I support your right to the Colonel, and you diss my love of the chihuahua? Shame.

Okay. Then what about a Sonic drive in, with over 1000 different soft drink combinations? The real lime ade and-or orange crush (orange soda with vanilla ice cream, all whirled together in a creamy goodness) are something every one should try.
+
kaze
post 7.Oct.2009, 09:47 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (DidiE @ 7.Oct.2009, 06:53 AM) *
Can't someone open a Taco Bell?

I really want to try that, I've never had a taco. You see it all the time on American TV but it oddly doesn't exist at all in Europe despite seemingly being just as big as Burger King in the US.

Chicken in Sweden- would be nice. Wasn't the problem something to do with high chicken costs up here?
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply