• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Stockholm Dive Bars

...do they exist

Star Spangled Stockholm
post 16.Oct.2012, 10:40 AM
Post #1

In my mid-20s. I come from the middle of nowhere Illinois and, while living in Chicago, have grown to love the local dive spots that offer terribly good food and realistic beer prices. Currently living on Kungsholmen, but have spent a decent amount of time on Söder and have found some decent places around there.

Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page
+
Svensksmith
post 16.Oct.2012, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Just curious, where in Illinois are you from?

I love the dive bars myself. One of my favorites is the Ridott Corners Tap just outside of Freeport, IL. They've yuppiefied it up a mite in the last few years but it still has the best burgers around and the beer is good and cold.
+
Silberfüchschen
post 16.Oct.2012, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Dive bar? huh.gif

Do you mean something like this?
+
SFDC
post 17.Oct.2012, 09:37 AM
Post #4

Beer and liquor prices are way to high to find anything that would be considered US- divey. There are shitty beer halls that I guess could fit your description. They are for the most part in Sodermalm, Fridhemsplan and around Radmansgatan metro stop.
+
Star Spangled Stockholm
post 17.Oct.2012, 11:47 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Svensksmith @ 16.Oct.2012, 04:22 PM) *
Just curious, where in Illinois are you from? I love the dive bars myself. One of my favorites is the Ridott Corners Tap just outside of Freeport, IL. They've yuppiefied i ... (show full quote)

Grew up outside of Champaign, went to Illinois State, lived in Old Town in the city for the last two years.

Can't say I spent much time in Freeport...or any of the burbs for that matter.

And as for the ridiculous pun image...touche
+
hipersons1
post 17.Oct.2012, 11:59 AM
Post #6

Carmen's on Söder (medis).
+
hipersons1
post 4.Jan.2013, 12:01 AM
Post #7

FYI Found this website that's just about dive bars in Stockholm. Enojoy! (courtesy of TotallyStockholm.se)

http://www.syltor.se/
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com