• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Resident permit application

Migrationsverket madness

humblelove001
post 15.Dec.2012, 11:21 AM
Post #1

Hiya,

I am no new on this issue and i will just go straight to the point here,i applied for resident permit base on family renufication but was denied and was asked to go back to my home country to apply from there,

I am planning going back next year after my child confirmation in the church but i am thinking on applying online here while i'm still in sweden because of the latest madness with migrationsverket,i have been reading some horror stories where people are staying back home for more than 3months waiting time.I just want to know if its possible for me to apply online while here in sweden then go back to my home country for the interview so the waiting time can be shorter even if its going to be more than the 3months.

NOTE:i have a child here so it would be difficult leaving him behind for long and hence the main reason why i was thinking of applying here then fly home for the rest process.

Your opinion would be highly appreciated,
Humble.
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 15.Dec.2012, 11:55 AM
Post #2

Whilst You may think it is madness it is actually common sense, that You are requested to apply for a residence permit from outside of Sweden. The reasoning behind this is that You do not have right to be in Sweden without the permit anyway, in addition to that, in the event that Migrationsverket reject your permit application there is no additional costs etc to deport You.

They do make exceptions if there is a child already with the right to stay in Sweden, however a decision will be made with regards whether or not it is detrimental to the child (not you) that you have to leave the country for the period of the application processing.
+
johnjohn
post 15.Dec.2012, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Best of luck vith your visa. Just to note that since they have rejected your application and expect you to be leaving soon. The longer you stay the more problems you may make for yourself. They expect you to be gone in weeks not months from the time of their decision . The 3 month waiting time unfortunately was before the new influx of refugee cases so your wait can easily be 6 months or more.
+
humblelove001
post 15.Dec.2012, 02:17 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 15.Dec.2012, 11:55 AM) *
Whilst You may think it is madness it is actually common sense, that You are requested to apply for a residence permit from outside of Sweden. The reasoning behind this is tha ... (show full quote)

The madness i mean is in the sense that some applications are taken forever to be decided when they say it would take only 3months,I never say i am not returning to my home country but i want to apply online here then go do follow up from my home country,would they know i apply online while Ib sweden??
+
humblelove001
post 15.Dec.2012, 05:42 PM
Post #5

waiting for more opinion
+
janezam
post 16.Dec.2012, 07:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (humblelove001 @ 15.Dec.2012, 02:17 PM) *
The madness i mean is in the sense that some applications are taken forever to be decided when they say it would take only 3months,I never say i am not returning to my home co ... (show full quote)

Yes, they will verify and knows how things work after you apply online and after registering your case they will(probably the person who prepare file before assigning case officer) ask you to provide proof that you had left Sweden according to this article ''Av huvudregeln i 5 kap. 18 § första stycket utlänningslagen (2006:517)'' and they will validate that proof and then process your application on wards, it could take longer time. When you will apply online there is one question that from where your applying like place so you need answer that and there down you need write the address of your home country and Sweden embassy to collect your decision.
+
humblelove001
post 16.Dec.2012, 08:05 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (janezam @ 16.Dec.2012, 07:42 PM) *
Yes, they will verify and knows how things work after you apply online and after registering your case they will(probably the person who prepare file before assigning case off ... (show full quote)

scary!! i knew about showing the proof of leaving sweden,would that not be asked during the interview?i was only thinking of applying then go back to my home country towards the time i get an interview and that way i will be able to provide proof of leaving sweden
+
Case officer
post 16.Dec.2012, 09:30 PM
Post #8

If you have a deportation order with a four week period for voluntary return you will be issued a piece of paper that you will hand over to the Swedish border police as you leave Sweden within four weeks, or submit in person to a Swedish embassy. If you do not leave within the stipulated time period you will be given a five-year re-entry ban.
+
humblelove001
post 16.Dec.2012, 11:00 PM
Post #9

well i wasnt giving any order of deportation within any 4week period,the decision only states that my application for resident permit was rejected and should return to my home country to apply.it doesnt state any time period though and it has been more than 4weeks anyway.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se