• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Innebandy, 5-a-side football, squash in Uppsala

Newly arrived Brit up for sports

stegavin81
post 11.Nov.2009, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Hi All

Having just arrived in Uppsala I'm wondering if there are any expats or locals who would like a regular game of squash or if anyone has an opening on their bandy or indoor football teams.

I'm a 28 year guy from the north of England, currently waiting for my personal number to come through to start the SFI!

Cheers!

Steve
Go to the top of the page
+
Streja
post 11.Nov.2009, 12:55 PM
Post #2

Cool! Why not join a Swedish one? Learn Swedish and play!

It's innebandy by the way.
+
Etheric
post 11.Nov.2009, 01:26 PM
Post #3

There are squash courts at the UTK Hallen ( http://www2.idrottonline.se/default.aspx?id=228790 ), so you could ask there.

I suppose I could play you once at the weekend, as I could use a run around, but as I now live in Stockholm it is a bit of a treck.

It is not good to sign up for more than one game anway, until you know the standard biggrin.gif.

I just moved into my appartment though, so it will be a while until I get some time for something like that. Living in boxworld is grating biggrin.gif.
+
stegavin81
post 12.Nov.2009, 11:21 AM
Post #4

Thanks, anyone know of a local innebandy club in Uppsala, where you can start playing as an absolute beginner!?!?
+
bravedave
post 13.Nov.2009, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Aaah fresh meat staiight from Skavsta. Another bit of English makes the trip over the North Sea in adventure for money, work, swedish girls and all the rest.

Best of luck, hope you enjoy your time here, shame your in Uppsala though i have been there many a time and the women are HOT there smile.gif
+
DELL
post 13.Nov.2009, 08:14 PM
Post #6

Hej, pls can anyone give me an idea of how much an undergraduate international student receive for salary.
+
Engelsmannen
post 14.Nov.2009, 01:24 AM
Post #7

I'll give you a game! But bear in mind I'm 36 so take it easy eh?

Send me a PM and we can sort out a time...Some of my mates might be able sort you out with some footy/innebandy as well.

Dan
+
jasondainter
post 28.Jan.2013, 11:00 PM
Post #8

Hi All. This seems to be an old thread, but I've lived in Uppsala for three years and looking for somewhere to play innebandy (I watched a game in Fyrishov last week and caught the bug!). I used to play ground hockey when I was younger a bit but am a total beginner with innebandy and need to learn the rules/ideally do some training! It seems like a hard sport to get into if you dont have a team (I heard korpen was good to begin with but requires you to have a team).

Anyone have any tips or has room on their team for another crazy englishman!?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description