• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Car windshield replacement

Any tips?

dzsosszika
post 28.Jan.2013, 08:51 PM
Post #1

I've got a nasty crack in my Citroen Xsara Picasso windscreen and need to get it replaced. Had a quote from carglas for 7200 kronor. Ouch. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know about samglas too. Many thanks if you can help.
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 28.Jan.2013, 09:03 PM
Post #2

Type vindruta or glasmästare into Eniro and you can find who does windscreens in your area. For glasmästare you mostly go them and I have done this. Rydsglas, samglas, carglass perhaps come to you and may charge more ? Outside my knowledge but does Swedish car insurance cover part of this like in the UK ?
+
Gordy
post 29.Jan.2013, 11:45 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Johno @ 28.Jan.2013, 09:03 PM) *
Outside my knowledge but does Swedish car insurance cover part of this like in the UK ?

I think it varies here depending on what type of insurance cover you have, the wife had the windscreen replaced on her VW Polo recently I don't remember what the total cost would have been but the car insurance covered part of it and she had to pay 1500kr.

When we went to pick up her car I noticed a small 2cm scratch near the top of the new screen, I complained and they offered to do it again or knock the price down by 500kr. I probably should have bargained harder as it would have cost them a hell of a lot more than 500kr to replace it again. But it was tiny and way outside the normal field of vision, after a day or two I couldn't even find the scratch again.

So be sure to inspect the job closely when you go to pick up your car.
+
Hisingen
post 29.Jan.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #4

If your car is fully insured, then there is usually also coverage for windscreen replacement. The self-risk can be from 1500:- to 2000:-. Check your 'Försäkringsbrev' to see what cover you have.On the three different insurance policies I have had, that coverage has been included - so take a look.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com