• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Reuniting with a partner/girlfriend

How to apply with a migrationboard

2use
post 13.Nov.2012, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Hi all. I have met a question i cannot seem to get an answer to. I have been in Sweden for 3 years, on student grounds and i am not a citizen of a EU country, and have now applied for a work permit. With this, i have had a relationship that started before Sweden and continues on to this day - she visits me each year, and i go back home frequently as well. I want to include her as my co-applicant, but since we are not married and have no official document that we have co-habited together, i am at a loss of how should she apply? Has anyone been in such a situation? What is the correct form (133011 is for family members, T91 or 161011 seem to be related but i got a reply that these are for reuniting with permanent residents).

We have photos and tickets and visas to Sweden where i assured that she will be living at my address with me (though nothing registered with Skatteverket since i did not know i would bump into this in future) - we have been in constant contact and relationship for almost 4 years now, and having her here finally seems harder than i thought. All help and advice is welcome and so needed.
Go to the top of the page
+
maemae-
post 13.Nov.2012, 02:58 PM
Post #2

You can apply though you have to have a decent flat, a good amount of money, proof that you've been together. Try to call the immigration with this matter, sometimes the migration board's website isn't that complete.
+
Case officer
post 13.Nov.2012, 05:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (2use @ 13.Nov.2012, 01:00 PM) *
I want to include her as my co-applicant, but since we are not married and have no official document that we have co-habited together, i am at a loss of how should she apply?

A girlfriend that you can't prove you ever lived with is not a family member, hence she can not be granted a permit as a co-applicant. She can apply when you have a permanent residence permit in Sweden.
+
2use
post 13.Nov.2012, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Thanx, i do have a question though regarding this - we started dating 9 months prior to me moving to Sweden (she was 19 then and we just started). Since i was leaving for Sweden, i did not have my own flat there (this was not reasonable, i was living with my parents), and we were living not that far away from each other to actually registered withing the marriage office (or what is it called) of living together. Then i am in Sweden 3 years studying, she is back home studying as well. She has been to Sweden several times for long period, and i have been back home several times a yer (so we have been apart only several months at a time each year). Now we both finished studies, i have a job and we want to live together like any normal couple. Can you please advise what to do in this case? I am not sure where do i get this paper of proof of living together (the only thing that comes to my mind is that the times she came to Sweden she was living with me). As i was living a normal life, i had no clue i would have to document each and every move to have to prove a relationship that has been going longer than i was in Sweden and that possibly a ton of people can approve smile.gif

PS - how do people that start dating on the web even get to reunite? I though that is possible as well, so i never assumed my situation would be ever so problematic. I have a difference between a girlfriend (that you date and can cohabit) and a co-habitant that i must officially register living with. Had i know i would need this 4 years ago, i would do this...but i doubt that this is done by anyone in my situation.
+
2use
post 13.Nov.2012, 06:52 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (maemae- @ 13.Nov.2012, 01:58 PM) *
You can apply though you have to have a decent flat, a good amount of money, proof that you've been together. Try to call the immigration with this matter, sometimes the m ... (show full quote)

Indeed it isn't - i've found 3 forms, and different requirements when you check the website from different views - as an applicant for a work permit, and as an person who wants to move to sweden to someone...and was told that there is a 3rd form as well. Talking about confusing.
+
johnjohn
post 13.Nov.2012, 07:02 PM
Post #6

Get married for as others stated she is not a relative or common law wife.
+
Yorkshireman
post 14.Nov.2012, 10:21 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (2use @ 13.Nov.2012, 06:51 PM) *
I am not sure where do i get this paper of proof of living together

In your own words You have said that You dont and havent lived together for 3 years!. She has stayed with You for short periods. It is not the same. You are supposed to have lived together in a similar manner as Husband/Wife.

QUOTE (2use @ 13.Nov.2012, 06:51 PM) *
how do people that start dating on the web even get to reunite?

At least one of couple, either has a permanent residency in sweden, or is a swedish citizen.
+
GBGcommuter
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:32 PM
Post #8

@2use I'm sort in the same situation I was wondering if you found a solution.?
+
Pursuivant
post 21.Jan.2013, 11:03 AM
Post #9

Yeah -GET MARRIED- you thick or something?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com