• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Work for a foreign company while staying in Sweden

As a non-EU citizen that has residence permit here

X_Y
post 14.Nov.2012, 11:09 PM
Post #1

Hello there! I'm a non-EU citizen currently living in Sweden. Lately I got a position to work for a Swiss company, and I'll be doing my job here in Sweden. As the employer hasn't done this before, I want to get some information about this myself. Would it be allowed in this way, or I should start a personal company to deal with the situation? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 15.Nov.2012, 12:14 AM
Post #2

To be granted a work permit you must work for a Swedish company. A Swedish company is a company registered at the Swedish Skatteverket and with a ten digit organization number. Also, it must be reasonable that your particular job is done in Sweden and not somewhere else, eg. in Switzerland. If you start your own company, you must also be able to explain why your business must be located in Sweden. The last is somethimes called the Skype clause - you won't get a permit for working in Sweden and teaching English to Chinese people through Skype.
+
X_Y
post 15.Nov.2012, 10:36 AM
Post #3

Thanks Case Officer! Actually I'm not in a hurry of work permit right now as this out-land job is a part time while I have a more "formal" one in Sweden already. I'm more curious about the complications regarding how I/the company should deal with authority.

I've been checking some websites and this one says I can work as a natural person but shall do my own taxes(if I understand it right). While I hear a lot people saying I should have a personal company so it's easier to deal with payments. I'm wondering if there's a big difference?

Haha, I don't look very credible to teach Chinese people English, but appears fully legit to teach English speaking people Chinese smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com