• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Nordic firms' mobile lag 'insane': Google exec

The Local
post 13.Nov.2012, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Businesses in Sweden and the Nordic region are behind the curve when it comes to adapting to the explosion of mobile devices, a top Swedish executive at Google said in Stockholm on Tuesday.

Speaking at a conference in Stockholm, Gustav Radell, head of marketing for Google Sweden, explained that his company had seen huge growth in the number of searches performed on mobile devices.

"We thought the mobile revolution was here last year, but if you look at search, it has more than doubled on mobile since last year," Radell said during a talk at the SIME 2012 conference.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 13.Nov.2012, 05:01 PM
Post #2

He would say that, he is selling a product, perhaps the nordics are more cautious and aren't not so wild with their cash, like those who bought the over priced facebook hares! Better to time it right, there many security issues yet to solve with smart phones. m
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options