• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Pet insurance

Info, experiences, and advice

JulesA
post 10.Jun.2009, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Hi, just had a cat disaster; current tab approx 15000kr as we hadn't organised pet insurance yet as we've only just arrived. Has anyone organised pet insurance and could maybe recommend what needs doing!

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
gkwright1
post 10.Jun.2009, 11:16 AM
Post #2

my wife and I just moved to Sweden. All we needed to do was get a vet certificate stating that our dog was in good health and then we got insurance.

We are with IF (www.if.se or 0771 655 655). Our quotation from them was around SEK 2000 per year.

Hope this helps.
+
Princess P
post 10.Jun.2009, 11:19 AM
Post #3

2000 sek per year. ohmy.gif I haven't organised it yet but was paying £35 per year in the uk for 2 dogs and a cat. I'll have to pull a bank job to fund it here in Sweden.
+
Dazzler
post 10.Jun.2009, 11:47 AM
Post #4

Jeez 2000kr a year seems alot. Unless you have no deductable that is. We have pet insurance for our dog through Folksam, just under 700kr a year with a 1500kr deductable. Price will vary on breed and age of dog im sure.
+
JulesA
post 10.Jun.2009, 11:54 AM
Post #5

Anything available on the web in English??
+
Mib
post 10.Jun.2009, 03:22 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Princess P @ 10.Jun.2009, 11:19 AM) *
2000 sek per year. ohmy.gif I haven't organised it yet but was paying £35 per year in the uk for 2 dogs and a cat. I'll have to pull a bank job to fund it here in Sweden.

Princess P...who were your insurers in the UK? I used to pay 26 p/m to Direct LLine for an 8 year old dog. A the time, I was in credit due to the claims...
+
Madamlucylulu
post 10.Jun.2009, 04:58 PM
Post #7

We use www.agria.se for our two dogs.
I can't remember how much it cost but I remember it was a lot more than in Ireland. At the time we took out the policies we thought this crowd offered the best cover. We only had the insurance a couple of months when one of my dogs broke a nail which cost over 2000SEK to be treated. They paid out promptly which made us feel better about the high premium. Vets are so expensive over here so it's a must to have insurance if you have a pet.
+
Nuname
post 10.Jun.2009, 05:31 PM
Post #8

If is about 500 PA for our cat.
We also had a 20000 SEK disaster with our other cat who was uninsured but we managed to get that knocked down to 2000 SEK and a spade.
+
JulesA
post 10.Jun.2009, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Ha ha, some may be tempted! Mr Stripes is still in Intensive care on the drip etc so we're giving up on the final bill now. We've only been here 4 weeks and he's never been ill before (or eaten pieces of rubber...). C'est la vie!
+
Princess P
post 10.Jun.2009, 06:29 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Mib @ 10.Jun.2009, 04:22 PM) *
Princess P...who were your insurers in the UK? I used to pay 26 p/m to Direct LLine for an 8 year old dog. A the time, I was in credit due to the claims...

That was with Tesco Pet Insurance. The dogs were puppies when we took out the policy.
+
Puffin
post 10.Jun.2009, 07:39 PM
Post #11

We have a cat policy with Agria which costs 650 kronor per year - with a self risk of around 1000 kr
+
JulesA
post 10.Jun.2009, 08:29 PM
Post #12

Can anyone help me fill in the forms for 3 dogs and 2 cats...
+
11_vie
post 20.Jun.2009, 09:02 AM
Post #13

hello julesA im very happy to assist you just send me a pm and the life of your pets are well insured and assured.. wink.gif

+
shelerance_f
post 5.Oct.2012, 10:37 PM
Post #14

Hi,

As this topic is for long time ago I want to repeat the question. I have a puppy (1,5 years old - Female - Terrier ) which will come to sweden by mid Nov. I am student and will live here for next two years. I am going to apply for an insurance for here and Agria is offered to me by some friends. but this site is in swedish and in some pages, translation doesnt work. any body can help and advise:
- any other insurance provider with better terms and condition
- monthly cost
- insurance coverage (I am looking for full coverage)
- is there a kind of international insurance so I can use it in another country like australia?

thanks a lot
+
jack sprat
post 6.Oct.2012, 12:40 AM
Post #15

Be very careful to read the small print, I know a guy who took out pet insurance yet still. ended up paying a fortune in vet fees.
Either way you get ripped off in Sweden with both vets and ins companies virtually having awarded themselves a licence to print money in vast quantities.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN