• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

IKEA - buying furnitures

How it works?

Somebody
post 13.Dec.2012, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Hi there,

I could not find similar thread..

I already know that there is a treshold of 2000 crowns for delivery

My questions are:

Do I have any options when it comes to delivery date?

Do they deliver door to door?..my apartment is on 7th floor

Is there any after Xmas REA?

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
wondering
post 13.Dec.2012, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Hi...

I just had this experience a couple of months back.

There are two options ..one you choose all the items in the IKEA store itself and give them the address and they will send it to you within 3 days or possibly that day.

Otherwise they collect everything and send it to you at a date you choose but this takes at least 2 weeks.

I had the second option for delivery.

Now you get the date when they will deliver possibly 3 days before they come you will get an automated caller in Swedish.

They will ask your details, your apartment type and if there is the boom etc etc. You confirm this and you get an sms with the approximate delivery time.

They come by and deliver to your door but please clarify this with them before !
+
Somebody
post 13.Dec.2012, 10:34 PM
Post #3

thanks a lot smile.gif

If I chose the first option wilI I be notified at least 2 hours before the delivery time?

I guess by the second option you have meant online shopping, haven't you?

And one more thing. Do they deliver that to an inside of a apartment or just in front of a bulding?
+
wondering
post 13.Dec.2012, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Not really sure about the first one's delivery time. But they will give you a quite wide time range like 9-3 pm or 3-9 pm.

They should carry it up to in your apartment.

FYI once you get the goods make sure you check it, You must check it within 7 days or else you can't return it. tongue.gif
+
Somebody
post 13.Dec.2012, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Ok, thanks again. I appreciate your help wink.gif
+
lumpina
post 14.Dec.2012, 11:08 AM
Post #6

Hi,

my experience from Ikea in Kungens Kurva - they carry it up if you pay additional 300 SEK when ordering the delivery. But it was worth it since we have no elevator in the building :
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com