• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Question - travel time limit with permanent visa

Issue concerning a friend

Rrakkma
post 4.Jan.2013, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Hey all!

First of all, I tried my best for searching the forums to get an answer but unfortunately I couldn't. And because Migrationsverket didn't give me a certain answer, I had to ask to Local forums. I hope someone can answer. Thanks!

Anyways, my question is concerning a friend who went back to her country to work and get experience. She came to Sweden 5 years ago as a student then after 3 years she changed her visa type to sambo because she had a boyfriend (of swedish origin). Then she started living here (finished university, learned swedisn properly, etc) and tried to find a job but couldn't. In short, she had some other problems and went back to get job experience.

Her question, since she has permanent visa, How long time must she stay in Sweden when she returns back (since she has only 1 years permissions to stay in her country)? And she thinks it may take longer to get a job, so she may exceed that 1 year limit so when she comes here just in order to show herself, how long must she stay here in Sweden?
Someone said to me that if she lived in Sweden for 5 years, she can just visit Sweden for 2 days to show herself, and that counts. Is it true?

I know it's complicated but I'll be glad to know the answer.
Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 4.Jan.2013, 06:20 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Rrakkma @ 4.Jan.2013, 05:50 PM) *
Her question, since she has permanent visa, How long time must she stay in Sweden when she returns back (since she has only 1 years permissions to stay in her country)? And sh ... (show full quote)

If your friend move out of Sweden to live in another country she is no longer a Swedish resident. If she is not for 12 months her permanent permit can be revoked. It is not enough to visit Sweden from time to time, she must become a resident again.
+
Rrakkma
post 4.Jan.2013, 06:53 PM
Post #3

Thanks a lot for the answer.

She doesn't plan to be in her country very long. Only 1 year (the max time she was permitted to stay there, as she says) then come here. But her working time there will be a couple of months. But I am guessing from your answer she isn't even allowed to stay there for 1 year?
+
Case officer
post 4.Jan.2013, 09:13 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Rrakkma @ 4.Jan.2013, 06:53 PM) *
She doesn't plan to be in her country very long. Only 1 year (the max time she was permitted to stay there, as she says) then come here. But her working time there will be ... (show full quote)

Well, I don't know how long she is allowed to stay in country X. If she move out of Sweden without moving back in 12 months her Swedish permit may be revoked. Also, a parliamentary committee has proposed that this time limit is changed to five years instead.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se