• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

How much monthly tax is being paid

Is it possible to check the paid tax online

MrGreen789
post 17.Jan.2013, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I know that you get a letter from skatteverket witch lists total tax paid and how much you owe or they owe you but I wonder is there a webpage were you can log in with yore personal number (and maybe with token ... ) and see how much tax you are paying every month?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 17.Jan.2013, 06:21 PM
Post #2

You can only see how much you paid last taxation year (i.e. in 2011) and before that. You go to skatteverket.se and use BankID to log on.
+
Pursuivant
post 18.Jan.2013, 12:54 PM
Post #3

You should get this info on the pay slip from your employer. If you get no pay slip... trouble
+
bennynilon
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:26 PM
Post #4

dunno if theres a website but its always 33% of your gross.its amazingly huge but thats life here i guess...
+
Yorkshireman
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:34 PM
Post #5

There is no legal obligation for an employer to give an employee a payslip (lönespec), though if there is an agreement with any Union there is likely to be a requirement in that that they do provide one.

You can always request one! The general guidance is that if you do not get a pay advice, then it is not a serious employer. In addition to that, the pay advice that states how much tax has been deducted from your pay is Your proof that the employer has paid taxes on your pay (regardless if they did or actually did not).

Note: If the employer has not paid the taxes due on your pay, then you are liable to, and the only real defence to avoid this is the pay advice from an employer stating they deducted taxes, as it is accepted in most cases that you are reasonable in the assumption then that the employer did pay the taxes.
+
Mib
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:53 PM
Post #6

if you have an iphone/ipad...you can download an app called Lön2013 and there is one for last year as well. Costs 7kr...or you can download a PDF for tax tables 2012 via http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&am...41248874,d.bGE
+
Kibiri
post 18.Jan.2013, 04:19 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (bennynilon @ 18.Jan.2013, 02:26 PM) *
dunno if theres a website but its always 33% of your gross.its amazingly huge but thats life here i guess...

No it is not always 33%. It goes from 0% to 50% depending on your yearly income. Somebody earning 30.000 sek/month would end up paying around 25% tax.

To the OP: It sounds like you should ask for a payslip from your employer. If you are afraid of confrontation, you may call Skatteverket to ask.
+
MrGreen789
post 18.Jan.2013, 05:35 PM
Post #8

Thanks for the answers guys,

I know that its not always 1/3 but till some limit it is around that much. I always check on the site below for how much tax I should pay:
http://www.ekonomifakta.se/sv/Fakta/Skatte...a-ut-din-skatt/
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com