• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

Depression and Life

And no I don't mean the suicidal rates for Sweden

trumanshow
post 16.Oct.2012, 08:57 PM
Post #61

dysthymia, learned helplessness...yup. if and when i can summon the strength i will leave. too tired to continue the anger, given up the fight, would loved to have enjoyed living in sweden just too hard work for the potential payback. totally beaten. i can't even remember what i thought i was fighting for but whatever it was i don't want it anymore. i think beyond dysthymia many people stay somewhere because they don't want to be beaten by a place but you have to know when to quit. i think you have to be particularly resilient, not prone in any way to depression, have children or a fantastic job to enjoy Sweden. I think i have done well in Sweden and have found work and played music and made friends but its become totally joyless. i find sweden totally joyless..and that is depressing.
Go to the top of the page
+
Svensksmith
post 16.Oct.2012, 09:06 PM
Post #62

truman: sounds like you could benefit from seeing a good therapist. From your post you sound clinically depressed and need help climbing out of the abyss. I truly hope you do.
+
trumanshow
post 17.Oct.2012, 07:19 AM
Post #63

yes you are right. I have been waiting 2 months since visiting the doctor who was supposed to be referring me to someone. he didn't want to give me pills.
+
heihei
post 2.Nov.2012, 09:43 AM
Post #64

QUOTE (trumanshow @ 16.Oct.2012, 07:57 PM) *
dysthymia, learned helplessness...yup. if and when i can summon the strength i will leave. too tired to continue the anger, given up the fight, would loved to have enjoyed liv ... (show full quote)

I completely understand what you are saying... I grew up by the ocean, went to school by the ocean, my school sport was surfing and I have moved here.... my choice, circumstances governed my move. I have a great job, a new baby and great friends but there is something missing here. The ocean, as ridiculous as it may sound, I feel is the great almighty healer, it has a sense of freedom, an escape and a feeling of having "no boundaries".
I know I will move back to my home soon, it is the right thing for me. Do what is right for you.
The moral of my story is, the ocean heals all. Sick? go for a surf, depressed, go for a surf, tired and angry, go for a surf? I always say, it fixes everything! You would be suprised how much pleasure and joy some sun and the ocean brings.

Try it, and as ridiculous as it may sound for some, it 100% works smile.gif
+
skogsbo
post 2.Nov.2012, 10:37 AM
Post #65

Surfing was your escape, I think everyone needs a hobby or sport that is theirs, theirs alone. Something challenging that involves time out from every other aspect of life, jobs, kids, partners all take a back seat and you focus on this one thing. Even just 30mins a day, where you have to physically and mentally push ourselves. Your fix was surfing, but there are 100..s of choices.
Whilst its good to social, to share etc. I think everyone needs a bit of me time, to gather thoughts, download some crappy thoughts and just stay on track.

Ps. But surfing is great, I would surf kayak, 2 or 3 times per week when I lived on the west coast of the UK. I had 3 different breaks within 2-10 mins drive and a job that meant I good just take a couple of hours off at any given time to suit the tides.
+
John.Smith
post 2.Nov.2012, 11:03 AM
Post #66

Yeah, I miss being able to get out on my motorbike year round. That is my therapy. Snow mobiling just 'aint the same sad.gif
+
matonbass
post 4.Nov.2012, 09:04 AM
Post #67

to help break the boredom of living in exile i fly out once a month on Ryanair back to the UK. that way i don't feel that i'm part of the Swedish society. it's a nice kind of denial wink.gif
+
jasminealcala
post 9.Nov.2012, 06:49 AM
Post #68

In life, we experience and feel every thing. We can he happy, sad, excited, angry or depressed. Those feelings we experience are part of us to grow up. Depression is the main problem why most teenage go for suicide. That's the time parents and friends be there to be at their side and feel comfort and not to do suicide.
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com