• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Salary of a university lecturer

Both before and after tax

charleung
post 21.Jan.2013, 04:35 AM
Post #1

How much is the salary of a university lecturer (before and after tax)?
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 21.Jan.2013, 07:48 AM
Post #2

That would depend on the location, experience, etc. Here are some statistics for univeristy lecturers:

http://www.lonestatistik.se/loner.asp/yrke...tetslektor-1589

~~~PDX~~~
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 21.Jan.2013, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Most importantly it depends on the subject, with hard sciences in the top and humanities in the bottom of the salary range.
+
Puffin
post 21.Jan.2013, 02:31 PM
Post #4

What is the actual job title? Is it for
- a tenured "lektor" position?
- a "forskare" researcher position that includes teaching duties ?
- a adjunct (university teacher) position?

As each of these university roles that usually includes degree teaching have different salary levels
+
charleung
post 22.Jan.2013, 06:33 PM
Post #5

I'm considering moving to Sweden as I'm a UK citizen (but living in Australia). Yet a friend of mine told me he's making 45000kr (and 32000kr after tax). He's a senior lecturer at Uppsala Uni. A senior lecturer at my uni makes approx 58000kr a month before tax.
As I'm a statistician, I may consider working in a pharmaceutical company instead of being a lecturer if I really move to Sweden.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 22.Jan.2013, 06:51 PM
Post #6

Yes, 40-50k is a quite normal salary for a lecturer in the natural sciences. Above 50k you have to become a professor.
+
bobthedog
post 25.Jan.2013, 02:19 PM
Post #7

good luck finding a pharma company job in stockholm, market full of ex AZ employee's right now
+
PDX
post 25.Jan.2013, 05:41 PM
Post #8

Not so fast... rolleyes.gif

http://www.thelocal.se/45826/20130125/#.UQK1lJ7A1SM

~~~PDX~~~
+
oddsock
post 25.Jan.2013, 05:50 PM
Post #9

32000 after tax would be a pretty good salary. Remember that you don't have to pay any health insurance.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply