• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

English shop in Umeå

Curious about peoples thoughts!

sarjoh
post 27.Sep.2014, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Out of curiosity I was wondering what you guys thought about an English shop in Umeå, selling things like English cheeses and other bits and pieces. I know they have a few in the South, but I dont believe there are any up here in the north! Do you think that it would be popular? Would you shop there? What sort of things would you like to see there? smile.gif

Go to the top of the page
+
Laurelia
post 27.Sep.2014, 07:20 PM
Post #2

Proper sausages. But I believe there is somewhere in Umeå that sells proper sausages anyway.
Marmite.
Paxo stuffing.
Colmans packet mixes.

Those are the things I generally stuff in my suitcase on return from England.
+
Lingonberry
post 27.Sep.2014, 08:13 PM
Post #3

Yes, I would shop there if you stocked Bisto's Parsley Sauce granules, Bisto gravy granules, Shreddies, Quaker quick microwave porridge, BaByliss gas cartridges for my hair curler, John West's no drain tuna and lots of Quorn products just to name a few things I couldn't find last time I lived in Sweden. I am thinking of living up the north this time. I shall be on my way soon!!!!
+
sarjoh
post 28.Sep.2014, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Oh really? Whereabouts are the proper sausages? Would love to be able to make a nice breakfast or sausage and mash!! smile.gif
+
Laurelia
post 28.Sep.2014, 07:23 PM
Post #5

http://taylorsandjones.com/

They are stocked in Duå¨apparently. Storgatan 46. I was meant to buy some when I was there this summer and totally forgot! I've never managed to get hold of any but if you do then let me know how they are. My brother-in-law lives in Karlstad so I can demand he brings some next time he visits. biggrin.gif
+
Opalnera
post 29.Sep.2014, 12:12 PM
Post #6

I saw Marmite in an ICA in Uppsala the other day! Can't remember exactly where they put it but it's worth looking around your ICA.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN