• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Celebrating a stag night in Budapest

Ideas on what to do, and tips for staying safe

krzyz21
post 6.Jun.2009, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Hello all,

We are planning to organize stag night for one of our mate. His preference is Budapest, even though he as offered option of Spain.

So far the brainstorming and running across the web has offered following ideas, available in Budapest.
During the day, Thermal Baths, Paintball, Balloon flight or quads.
During the night, Lap dancing, River boat or limo hire (frankly none that really impress me)

I was just wondering if anybody has got more ideas, especially anybody from Budapest/Hungary, can offer exclusive Hungarian stag-night idea.

One more question related to security, I also came across few posts where the security was major issue, like the drunk ones were rounded up and ripped off blah blah. Three of us (out of about 12) have decided to remain sober, not more than a pint or two, just to keep an eye on such issues, just curious how seriously this issue should be observed (like its no big deal in Stockholm for example)

Thanks for your ideas.
Go to the top of the page
+
BillyB
post 7.Jun.2009, 11:47 AM
Post #2

About 30 mins outside Budapest there is an all year toboggan run.
That is a lot of fun. Especially as they provide beer and food in the entrance fee.
You get pissed up then hurtle down the track..
+
jack sprat
post 7.Jun.2009, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Sounds like a perfect recipe for disaster!

In most of the tourist resorts in ex Soviet bloc countries the Russian mafia run the show so watch out for all the normal scams and some not so normal.
+
krzyz21
post 8.Jun.2009, 06:51 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (BillyB @ 7.Jun.2009, 12:47 PM) *
About 30 mins outside Budapest there is an all year toboggan run.. That is a lot of fun. Especially as they provide beer and food in the entrance fee.. You get pissed up then hurtle down the track..

Could you tell me the exact name of the place. Sounds interesting if intoxication is done after the run smile.gif
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 8.Jun.2009, 07:29 AM
Post #5

I thought most stag parties went to Budapest for the hookers.
+
krzyz21
post 8.Jun.2009, 08:04 AM
Post #6

No seriously, not interested in that stuff. If I really have to lose my morals then stripping is max, I can go down to, nothing more than that.
+
Cosme Fulanito
post 8.Jun.2009, 09:40 AM
Post #7

Look no more!

Royal Palace is the place to go.
Believe it or not they will send you a taxi and you can have like 2 or 3 drinks for free, go to their website for more details.
Is probably the most expensive place in Budapest but is worth! Is a safe place. No dirty tricks. The trick is that you will be soo happy after those free drink that you will start to spend money.
Make sure to bring cash, Paying with the card in there is more expensive... some activities cant be paid with the credit card smile.gif
+
krzyz21
post 8.Jun.2009, 01:25 PM
Post #8

I am not too sure if I found right website but google gave me few results, none of the results mentioned of what you suggested. Instead, one link said its erotic nightclub ??
Could you please give a right link?
Thanks in advance.
+
Monark540
post 8.Jun.2009, 04:40 PM
Post #9

Readers (and potential stag night revelers) might be interested in this excerpt from the U.S. Embassy website in Budapest:

Clubs and Restaurants

The vast majority of clubs and restaurants in Budapest are legitimate businesses that offer good value and service. However, there are clubs and restaurants in Budapest about which the U.S. Embassy has received numerous complaints from U.S. citizens for engaging in unethical business practices. Victims have filed reports with the Embassy describing the following practices: excessive billing of customers, physical intimidation to force customers to pay exorbitant bills (including holding a member of a party while others in the group pay the bill at ATMs, 24-hour cash facilities), and assault by club/restaurant employees for non-payment of excessive bills. There have been incidents, albeit rare, where U.S. citizens unknowingly have been drugged.

Further, Do NOT let seemingly helpful taxi drivers or local women lure you to an establishment they recommend - they may receive a commission for bringing victims to the club/restaurant. It is also advised that you not patronize clubs/restaurants that do not list prices or provide a menu with prices. Always verify the cost prior to purchase. Be aware that a menu switch may occur at the time of a billing complaint/dispute, for you may be handed a menu that lists higher prices and other hidden charges.

American citizens are strongly urged to avoid these clubs and restaurants due to multiple reports of victimization received by the Embassy:

This list is not all-encompassing, so please use common sense and take note when/where one or more local women approach U.S. citizens in the guise of friendship. Please note that most of these places are located in Budapest's fifth district, on/near the main tourist street, the Váci utca.

Diamond Club
Budapest II district, Bimbó út 3.

Eden Night Club
Budapest VI district, Andrássy út. 54.

Galaxia étterem, bár
Budapest V district, Bécsi utca 3.

La Dolce Vita
Budapest V district, Október 6. utca 8.

Mercy Club and Lounge
Budapest VII district, Dohány utca 88.

Pigalle Night Club
Budapest VIII district, Kiss József utca 1-3.

Városközpont (accessible by outside elevator)
Budapest V district, Váci utca 16.

Lastly, the Embassy has received reports of attacks in the Chain Bridge area on both sides of the Danube, and on the bridge itself. American citizens are advised to take note of their surroundings as they tour the city.
+
Cosme Fulanito
post 8.Jun.2009, 05:23 PM
Post #10

http://www.royalpalaceclub.com/
+
BillyB
post 8.Jun.2009, 09:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (krzyz21 @ 8.Jun.2009, 06:51 AM) *
Could you tell me the exact name of the place. Sounds interesting if intoxication is done after the run smile.gif

not sure of the name, checked with the guy that arranged it, it was booked through pissup.com
They dont link to the actual place, so you would have to book through them.

They can arrange AK47 shooting too. also fun...
+
Mib
post 8.Jun.2009, 10:59 PM
Post #12

A group of us blokes go away once a year to a different place in Europe each year. Last year it was Budapest and to be honest, we thought it was the worst place we had been to from all of our trips. Nightlife was poor and the hotel we stayed in while good...had a bar with hardly anyone in it. The only good place we found was a football/TGI Fridays type bar which was as good as it got. We went around the beginning of December and at that time the credit crunch had not quite hit Hungary. I believe the Florin has now crashed since...so everything should be cheap. They had a nice central area with traditional markets and the food was okay. This year we have booked to go to Berlin, which has so much more going for it and not that expensive considering the Euro.

However, I don't want to put you off as I'm sure as you're doing now, you do your research and make a good plan...you will be fine. And as we all know, it's the people you're with rather than the location, although choosing the right location and the right things to do will certainly make it a weekend to remember.

As far as the sex industry is concerned, we certainly didn't notice too much about it...not that we were looking or anything. There were the normal blacked out glassed places for the lap dancing places etc. In Riga we were hassled everytime we went into town to go into one of those places. But, in a foreign country, I wouldn't even think of it as you'll probably be ripped off and no doubt these people have their ex-communixt links to the police to get you arrested etc.

In terms of a place to go, I would recommend Rome, Barcelona and Granada in Spain. Edinburgh was good, but it's like being in England, but with Scottish accents. Dublin was the same. Reykavik in Iceland had a great place at the Blue Lagoon. Some guys were wearing just shorts and bow ties, drinking in the blue lagoon. It was expensive then, but now probably a lot cheaper. And if you're lucky with a lady, a great place to have some fun hidden by the steam coming from the water.
+
Michal Kanon
post 10.Aug.2009, 10:38 AM
Post #13

Surf some stag company sites for some wild ideas, like for example http://www.partykrakow.com :
- quad racing
- AK 47 Kalashnikov shooting
- Football
- Go karting
- White Water Rafting
- paintballing

and many more. It depends in what you're into basically.
+
nmwood
post 17.Apr.2013, 11:59 AM
Post #14

Alright - we picked up one of these for my mates stag a few weeks ago - the footage is hilarious - www.stagcam.co.uk - they also post abroad, as we had our's delivered to Copenhagen.
+
Migga
post 17.Apr.2013, 12:13 PM
Post #15

I would make sure to have activities lined up beforehand so one always have something fun to do. Might become boring in a hurry when one is lost in a foreign country without a clue. But going to a gun range in a former soviet state should be a must on mosts to-do list.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se