• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Swedish employment office to open in Ethiopia

Ridiculous waste of money

wendist
post 9.Feb.2013, 10:31 PM
Post #16

How about if you guys actually read the first paragraph of the article before you go off on a rant!

"The purpose of the pilot project is to assist Somalis who have received a Swedish residence permit on family reunification grounds but who have not yet arrived in Sweden."

These somalis will arrive in Sweden regardless of wether there is a AF office in Somalia or not! This is an attempt to handle the situation in a efficient manner. If it will work out as planned is rather doubtfull.

If you agree with the idea of giving residence permit on family reunification grounds or not is a totally different question.
Go to the top of the page
+
elina.stene
post 9.Feb.2013, 11:19 PM
Post #17

No, they definitely should not be given that.
+
Localer
post 10.Feb.2013, 10:24 AM
Post #18

how stupid is that ??? the young Swedes were encouraged to find work in other EU countries but on the same time this f**king idiot is recruiting useless people from Africa ?
+
Mib
post 10.Feb.2013, 11:16 AM
Post #19

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. If it can help people find work before coming to Sweden, then I see no problem, especially as they're coming anyway.

I really want this Government to get an agreement with the unions and/or implement employers tax reductions for employing the under 25's. In terms of salary (I thought this was the case)...if you are offered a suitable job, then by refusing it...will mean you lose any benefits. Initially, your salary might be lower than average, but work hard, learn fast and that will change very quickly.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 10.Feb.2013, 02:14 PM
Post #20

Looks like many posters missed this part "Participants in the project will not receive any financial compensation".
+
polartwist
post 10.Feb.2013, 02:17 PM
Post #21

Hello?! Do you think that flying there is for free? And setting up a structure is for free? People that will go there will just live eating air?
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 10.Feb.2013, 02:22 PM
Post #22

Most likely the participants are already living on government aid so it would not incur much extra costs for AF except for the tickets.
+
Yorkshireman
post 10.Feb.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #23

Whilst I can understand the idea/reasoning behind it ... it does come across more of a media-related measure than anything else! I suppose it will take the initial pressure off the AFs here in Sweden having to do the same work ... but there does need to be a reality check ... in Somalia 50% of Men can read/write and only 25% of the women can!!! ... So, to go to SFI is a non-starter, it takes very basic educational needs, something which the Governments in receiving countries have known for a while ...the issue needs to be fixed here before having jollly-helpful administrators out in Ethiopia.
+
John.Smith
post 11.Feb.2013, 08:28 AM
Post #24

QUOTE (Migga @ 9.Feb.2013, 08:35 PM) *
One shouldn`t make policies based on emotional arguments. The only ones that can and should help the Somalis end their suffering are the Somalis themselves.

+1 Yep, correct 100%.
If one really wanted to help the Somali people then investment IN the country is required facilitating education, infrastructure and other developments to help the Somalis help themselves.

QUOTE (Migga @ 9.Feb.2013, 08:35 PM) *
The country that brings the brightest minds together is the ones who will overcome the issue of an aging population.

...Actually I'd say that it is the country that brings the horniest people together will overcome the issue of an aging population wink.gif
+
dott
post 17.Feb.2013, 04:46 PM
Post #25

meanwhile in denmark http://www.nyidanmark.dk/da-dk/Nyheder/Nyh...omaliasager.htm
smile.gif
+
polartwist
post 17.Feb.2013, 06:01 PM
Post #26

I like the Danish pragmatism.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com