• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Renting at Linkoping

Need help for accomodation

Butters
post 30.Dec.2012, 06:11 PM
Post #1

I'm planning to study at Linkoping University as an exchange student but I am terrified by the renting problem. I have already registered at the studentbostater but by the time of my arrival I will only have about 180 points and there are people who have been in line for several years. What is more, I can only afford 2800 SEK/month for rent. What else can I do?
Go to the top of the page
+
Migga
post 30.Dec.2012, 08:05 PM
Post #2

You should consider renting a room or sharing an apartment. That way the rent would be lower.
+
Butters
post 31.Dec.2012, 08:39 AM
Post #3

I'm open to all options as long as they do not exceed the price of 2800 SEK/month. Now tell me how is it feasible online since I'm not in Linkoping yet.
+
Mo
post 31.Dec.2012, 09:42 AM
Post #4

http://www.blocket.se/ostergotland?q=link%...p;f=a&mre=6
+
Rick Methven
post 31.Dec.2012, 10:17 AM
Post #5

There seems to be some available on blocket at your price including utilities and in walking or cycling distance from the uni. Contact the owner on line via blocket
+
Boar
post 31.Dec.2012, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Most people try to live in Ryd in Linköping. You can also try to live in Lambohov or in the City Center. Because, Linköping is easily accessible by a bicycle you can buy one very cheaply. As mentioned by others, Blocket is better. You can look exactly on the map where the accommodation is available. Upto 3 kilometres you can take it easily. In the summer you can even walk and it is very nice weather starting from mid April.
+
Butters
post 1.Jan.2013, 07:29 PM
Post #7

I haven't took a closer look on this blocket yet but it looks like life saver. You can't imagine how grateful I'll be if this helps smile.gif Thank you all!
By the way, someone wrote something about cycling. How do people use bicycles during winter time?
+
Boar
post 1.Jan.2013, 09:37 PM
Post #8

It's absolutely possible. It's possible to ride most of the city with a bike. I used it myself when I lived there. Linköping is not like Siberia. South Sweden is not that cold. This year I feel it is not extreme cold either. You can buy a puncture kit in Biltema and you can patch the tube yourself if you have any puncture. Although it happens rarely. There is Biltema in Skäggetorp. In Skäggetorp you get almost everything cheaply even food.
+
Movedtoswedenandgotstuck
post 3.Jan.2013, 08:28 PM
Post #9

For communal living ads check out the University notice board - anslagstavlan.
Here's the link for offered accommodation in Linköping.

http://www.student.liu.se/anslagstavlan/bo...g_erbjudes?l=en

Good luck, it can be very tough on international students in the beginning.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden