• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

I'm a celebrity get me outta here - 2012

British TV - ITV 1

Rick Methven
post 30.Nov.2012, 03:17 PM
Post #61

It does not look so good it reality, they air brush it to make it look good. It is the same with most food adverts. If they showed it as it really is, nobody would buy it laugh.gif

Touching up the lasagna bites is the way they get a soggy bit of pasta and mince to look edible.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 30.Nov.2012, 04:49 PM
Post #62

Just what you want in your party frock - not!
+
byke
post 1.Dec.2012, 09:46 AM
Post #63

I still remember a advert for iceland a few years back, where a mother is feeding her children "mince meat" - but it appears to emanate from what looks like a large animal feed bag.

But best of all, the mince has been processed in such a way and because its frozen comes out in pellet form. All the same size, frozen etc.

It really did look like some sort of sick livestock feed.
And I wouldn't be surprised if it was to some degree processed in a factory designated for such to help reduce costs and have access to industrial additives to reduce actual meat content (keep prices down).

Anyway, Davids out!
I am glad to hear that ...

Question is, Charley or Ashley.

My money is on Charley winning.
Not because she has been a better celeb, but simply because she is not american.
I have a feeling that when it comes to game shows like this, their is no chance a non british celeb can win it.
+
Puffin
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:22 AM
Post #64

QUOTE (byke @ 1.Dec.2012, 09:46 AM) *
I still remember a advert for iceland a few years back, where a mother is feeding her children "mince meat" - but it appears to emanate from what looks like a large ... (show full quote)

I remember back in the day when Kerry katona was doing the "Mum's go to Iceland" ads - before the drugs and booze exposé - that she was feeding her kids white and flacid "salmonella sticks" of chicken that didn't need to be defrosted ... yuk

Question is, Charley or Ashley.

This is a difficult question - I am amazed that Charley has stayed in so long! Perhaps down to the Eastenders vote. I also think that Charley is getting the sympathy vote given that sections of the british media are trying to claim that it was "child cruelty" in the doors game where Charley's daughter had to return to the 5 star hotel without seeing her mum!

However Ashley has made a better impression and has been surprisingly tough!
+
byke
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:34 AM
Post #65

I agree, Ashley is the better jungle celeb.
But Charley has the kid factor ...

I do hope Ashley wins based on her performance, rather than Charley for her association to her child. (Which IMHO should never have appeared on the show behind the door) If Charley was clever and wanted greater career exposure she should have walked when that happened.

The media frenzy, had she walked and ITV exploiting children without their parents consent would have propelled the actress into more work than if she had stayed and won the show.
+
Puffin
post 1.Dec.2012, 11:14 AM
Post #66

QUOTE (byke @ 1.Dec.2012, 10:34 AM) *
The media frenzy, had she walked and ITV exploiting children without their parents consent would have propelled the actress into more work than if she had stayed and won the show.

I very much doubt if this was done without permission of parents or guardians - not everyone's kids appeared. Charley's mother (Kiki's grandmother) could have done it instead as Davis Haye's mum did (we didn't see his son)

In fact Kiki seemed to be not upset at all apart from the cross face that her mum didn't win - and was fine and happy on the phone call the next day - she seems much more mature about it than some sections of the press who believe that kids cannot cope with losing a game
+
Flutterbye
post 2.Dec.2012, 11:33 AM
Post #67

Mmmm didn't see that coming, honestly thought Ashley would win, I don't watch Eastenders but I guess Charlie must have a large fan base with the people who watch and they all voted for her.
Anyway it was not very memorable this year and we have CBB in the new year to look forward to laugh.gif
Attached Image
+
byke
post 2.Dec.2012, 11:57 AM
Post #68

As predicted, Ashley didn't win.
I really hope that next year they can get more interesting B celebs to do it.
As it felt somewhat watered down this year.
+
William Sachsen-Coburg-Go...
post 2.Dec.2012, 12:18 PM
Post #69

The best bit this series was David saying when it first dawned on him that he was famous. Coming back from a big fight in Germany, which he won, he was met at the airport by armed guards. His first thought was 'shit, what have they found in my bags'. laugh.gif
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply