• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Looking for job

Job for couple

John.Smith
post 13.Dec.2012, 03:38 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Migga @ 13.Dec.2012, 03:35 PM) *
.... Then you might have a chance, don`t just move here unprepared and turn bitter or hateful towards a great country with it`s people.

... and then turn into a Troll on The Local. (Divan anyone?) cool.gif

Seasonal work such as fish packing, forestry work, berry picking etc... is possible, but you need the contacts. Also, the pay sucks.
Go to the top of the page
+
varrogep
post 13.Dec.2012, 05:34 PM
Post #17

If you don't have a job offer before you come to Sweden, and you need to rent a place, money for living, commuting, travelling, you will need at least 1 million HUF / per kopf for starting. Not kidding. Without knowledge of Swedish language there are choices only in Stockholm with your profession - I think. But Stockholm is a quite expensive place, you would need to use public transportation and it's really hard to find an apartment (are you ready to pay 6000-7000 SEK per month? There is no flatmate system like in London or very rare) -- in this case you should prove that you earn enough for paying the rent. Read topics about renting in Stockholm here on TL.
And there is a Catch-22: without job you won't have personal identity number but without that number you cannot really do too much things in Sweden. For example having apartment, bank account, employment assistance etc.

Read Arbetsförmedlingen and Skatteverket and Migrationsverket websites and think about you choices.
+
katikat
post 13.Dec.2012, 08:20 PM
Post #18

I absolutely agree with varrogep. We just moved here from Hungary. rolleyes.gif
If you don't speak the language please learn it before you come here. I have been studying Swedish at home for a year now and I have difficulties to understand it. English won't take you far here, everybody speaks it.
If you have good connections and you will get a job you have to be prepared for the "nightmare" of finding a place to stay.
Stockholm is crowded. Especially you guys are a couple, so it will be difficult to rent a room for two person.
This is our experience. Some maybe has a better luck finding apartment for rent for a long term.
We are renting a room at the moment. Varrogep is right, to rent a room will cost you between 3-4000 SEK, and an apartment much more. The monthly bus/metro/pendeltog pass is 790 SEK.

Here is a good site to look for a room or an apartment:

blocket.se

then click bostad and on the right top uthyres

That will give you some idea about renting.
+
katikat
post 13.Dec.2012, 08:30 PM
Post #19

I meant by "English won't take you far here" that it won't give you better chance to find a job, because everybody speaks it. Of course it helps a lot in everyday life.

Correction: if you go the website after bostad you look for the uthyres sign on the left side not on the right. My mistake smile.gif

There is a labour shortage web page, which I could recommend.
http://www.sweden.se/eng/Home/Work/Get-a-j...-shortage-list/
These are the professions which are required in Sweden.
+
vilho951
post 14.Dec.2012, 06:22 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Migga @ 13.Dec.2012, 03:35 PM) *
Low skilled jobs are few in Sweden and you will be competing with other young immigrants that are willing to do any job to stay in the country, your chances are low no matter ... (show full quote)

+1
+
zoki
post 18.Dec.2012, 01:33 PM
Post #21

God Dag

My name is Zoran and I curently live in Croatia. I want to find a job in Sweden.
I have high school Economic and Bachelor degree of Public Administration, 180 ECTS points. Are there international companies in Sweden where can I work with english language, because I dont know Swedish but I am in process of learning, I know some basic words.
On which pages also I can looking for a job. I want any kind a job.

Tack sa myckett
+
Yorkshireman
post 18.Dec.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (zoki @ 18.Dec.2012, 01:33 PM) *
Are there international companies in Sweden where can I work with english language,

You will find that more and more international Swedish companies are moving their basic economy and administration to locations outside of Sweden due to cost. The current favourite detination is Bulgaria and Rumania, this is due to Economy and Administration graduates are very cheap compared to Swedish counterparts.
+
John.Smith
post 18.Dec.2012, 02:51 PM
Post #23

Pretty soon we could be logging onto The Local Croatia edition asking for help on getting jobs in English seeing as we dont speak Croatian smile.gif
+
zoki
post 20.Dec.2012, 03:42 PM
Post #24

Whats my chance to get any job with high school Economic and Bchelor degree of Public Administration? I know english and I am going to course of Swedish? I know that first I must find a employer? I know that is very difficult but I am very persistent.
I appreciate everybodys opinion.
+
Divan
post 22.Dec.2012, 05:33 PM
Post #25

John Smith, how very immature and petty of you to call me (Divan) a troll just because I challenged your utopian ideal of living in your self defined paradise called Sweden. I could well call you a troll myself, a troll who has crawled out from under your pile of shit .Whats the matter, are you still bitter..is the brown nasty stuff still raining on you and making you highly suspicious of others who are living in a shit free environment??

Yeah, anyone who criticizes Sweden and who dares to challenge the Sweden lovers are trolls! I did say "to each his own", but I guess you were to dim witted and blinded by the brownies raining on you to even read that.. (for the others wondering what i am talking about, see the thread where the venerable John DoeDoe, oops, John Smith posted some pictures of his shitty office!!!
+
marius caesar
post 11.Feb.2013, 10:20 AM
Post #26

hi there ,
my name is Wisam and i'm living right now in UAE since 5 years , am working as After sales consultant at BMW

dealership , in fact am wondering if i can find suitable job in Sweden , or if anyone can help me .

i am Syrian i am 33 years- old, never married .

P.S you can contact me on marius_caesar@hotmail.com /00971507244172 or facebook

vesama_alexandrovno@yahoo.com.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com