• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Are Swedes like Hobbits?

Is Sweden doomed to be a social backwater?

Seamus Sean
post 31.Dec.2012, 09:49 AM
Post #46

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 28.Dec.2012, 10:35 PM) *
Some of the older Swedish traditions have been relegated to some extent. Such as the "Skål" where the glass had to be held at or about the third waistcoat button du ... (show full quote)

Well I still wear a waistcoat, at times, Hisingen so cheers for the tip on how to do the "Skål" thing in the correct fashion.
I know what you mean by saying you can see your own doing some things that now seem odd to you, be it new "traditions" or even having been removed for a number of years from old traditions I can relate to what you are saying and I too find some of the things being done by my own as a tad odd.
Go to the top of the page
+
Potentialexpat
post 1.Jan.2013, 01:40 AM
Post #47

QUOTE (HenryPollard @ 27.Dec.2012, 09:53 PM) *
Only if the prevailing majority of Hobbits have an overwhelming desire to gift complimentary Hobbit-holes to the Orcs. Then they'd be like the Swedes.

Are you really calling people immigrating to another country in search of better life Orcs? That is possibly one of the most ignorant statements ever. Also I would add most immigrants in Sweden are there legally you really cannot compare the immigration Sweden is facing with hordes of marauding Orcs.
+
JulieLou40
post 1.Jan.2013, 02:23 PM
Post #48

Back on topic, I do agree to an extent with the (calm and rational) points that Dave.Smith was making. I too have noticed that Swedes are not spontaneous to the extent that other nationalities are (I'm thinking of just about everyone else). I can only stand my Swedish sambo sitting with a pen and paper and saying "What do you want for your birthday?" so many times before I want to shoot myself.
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se