• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Drama at the BBC

What the dilly o?

byke
post 12.Nov.2012, 09:16 AM
Post #1

I really dont get the Drama that the BBC seems plagued with at present.

First the BBC has been criticised for not airing a show regarding the late Sir Jimmy Saville based on lack of proof.
And now its been criticised for airing a program with witnesses claiming they were sexually assaulted by a unnamed politician ?

The latest show that looked to expose a suspected pedo was allegedly bank rolled by a Labour MP and with other politically connected persons like the speakers wifes twitter posts naming said pedo and references by Tom Watson bringing attention to such issues in the H.O.P before the show had even aired - this whole thing seems like a mess.

And the suspected pedo who hadn't been named, came forth and declared his innocence and his identity.
And its been immediately accepted as fact, while an investigation 35 odd years later looks into the case?

The question is, who really is sexing up the information?
A news corporation looking to resist political meddling?
A political group looking to protect one of their own?
A political party looking to score browny points against the opposition?
A tabloid such as the Sun, owned by a person with a large stake hold in rival television channels?

This whole sorry state of affairs stinks.
But apparently its all the BBC's fault.

I am sure the whole of the UK will embrace the BBC as its slowly turned into the UK equivalent of the Fox News Network.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 14.Nov.2012, 12:30 AM
Post #2

At the moment it seems that the swing doors are working overtime. It is going to take a while before dust settles, and we haven't heard the last of it all yet. Savile would have an awful lot to answer for, were he still around.
+
cogito
post 14.Nov.2012, 01:04 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (byke @ 12.Nov.2012, 09:16 AM) *
I really dont get the Drama that the BBC seems plagued with at present.... I am sure the whole of the UK will embrace the BBC as its slowly turned into the UK equivalent of the Fox News Network.

Nothing to see…move on….see no evil, hear no evil...

BBC cultists do not want to know how their blessed British Bias Corporation covered up the 300 sordid cases of paedophilia by their entertainer of choice and national treasure, Jimmy Savile.

More enlightened consumers are aware that every vestige of professional standards at the Holy Beeble went out the window long ago.

I am not sure I understand the recurring obsession with Fox, but since you raise that favorite bête noir, the BBC should learn to be as fair and balanced as Fox News.
Fox clearly separate news programs from opinion and commentary. BBC only pretends to.
As a state-funded broadcaster, the BBC has a duty to provide balance.

More and more people are choosing FOX or Al Jazeera for quality news, while the BBC has to bully old-age pensioners with threatening letters if they neglect to pay the fees.
+
John.Smith
post 14.Nov.2012, 01:28 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (cogito @ 14.Nov.2012, 01:04 PM) *
Nothing to see…move on….see no evil, hear no evil...BBC cultists do not want to know how their blessed British Bias Corporation covered up the 300 sordid cases of paedophi ... (show full quote)

Sorry... but you cannot put FOX and the word 'quality' in the same sentence unless you are referring to a severe lack thereof.

FOX = Donkey Excretus.
+
Hisingen
post 14.Nov.2012, 01:38 PM
Post #5

Unfortunately there are so very few news broadcasters that can be labelled as being Non-political. There seems to be politics wherever there are journalists, so perhaps it is understandable.
The top dog Patten is also coming under pressure now, since he is only a 'part-time boss' on £110.000 p.a. - having some 10 other positions to take care of. At a guess it is, as usual, troughs all round. Oink oink.
+
Jamtjim
post 14.Nov.2012, 02:11 PM
Post #6

... the BBC should learn to be as fair and balanced as Fox News.

Haha... hohoho... Oh please stop my sides hurt!!!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options