• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

VOLVO XC70 - Previous Model

Thinking of buying one... reliability?

John.Smith
post 13.Feb.2013, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Anyone owned one of these, either the D5 or 2,4 petrol model?

I will be selling my car and the wife's car later in the Spring and getting a 7-seater for her (Santa Fe). I just need a good AWD car for getting from A to B and doing max 10.000kms a year. The XC70 seems like a good size and with AWD and ground clearance appears to meet my needs.

What about reliability however? I am looking to pick up one with about 150-180k kms on the clock and about 10 years old or so. I have heard that it has had transmission problems??

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
Gordy
post 13.Feb.2013, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Have a look at the used car reviews on honestjohn.co.uk I find that they are normally on the mark.
+
dave.smith
post 13.Feb.2013, 06:23 PM
Post #3

I had an XC90 that was of similar vintage (but 8 years not 10), and it was EXTREMELY reliable, and took abuse from my wife really well.

I am seriously considering a new XC to replace my current car as it will be more practical now with the two kids. Although it may end up replacing the M3 as my wife hardly drives it and I am not keen on giving up my current car, too much driving fun smile.gif
+
BL
post 13.Feb.2013, 07:43 PM
Post #4

I have the XC70 2.4 petrol 2004 model and not an issue. Actually looking to sell it in a month or two if you're interested. 160, 000kms and am only the 2nd owner. Full service history too. It's the third XC that we have had, very reliable.
+
John.Smith
post 14.Feb.2013, 08:26 AM
Post #5

Yeah, seems the 2001-2002 models had huge problems with the Auto-transmissions. 2003+ models had the problem fixed by design change.

Thanks for feedback.
+
Flutterbye
post 14.Feb.2013, 05:28 PM
Post #6

I do not have one of those but we have had many Volvo's over the years and at present have a V50, one of my neighbours has a XC70 and is very happy with it.
Attached Image
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN