• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

New in Sweden

Is there a website similar to Gumtree

SkyLight
post 7.Dec.2012, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Hi Everyone,

I've arrived in Sweden last weekend. Does anyone know whether there is a website similar to Gumtree? Does anyone know any English community in Blekinge area?

Thanks guys
Go to the top of the page
+
Gordy
post 7.Dec.2012, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Blocket.se is your best bet.

It's bleak in Blekinge...
+
SkyLight
post 8.Dec.2012, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Thanks.

We'll see about that in a few months time.
+
Gordy
post 8.Dec.2012, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Whereabouts are you SkyLight?

My opinion may be a little coloured as my outlaws live in Ronneby.

I've been visiting there for 25 years now, a company I used to work for has a production plant there. My former colleagues were always very welcoming and I drop in from time to time if I am in town on a work day for a fika.

But otherwise I find the locals rather cold and unwelcoming, I find the locals down here in Skåne a much warmer bunch.
+
SkyLight
post 8.Dec.2012, 05:43 PM
Post #5

I see. So you have been in Sweden for a long time? Or are you Swedish?

I live in Karlshamn, not far from Ronneby I guess. This time of the year is quite depressing, but it is nice during the summer. Since Skåne is just next door, moving to Skåne is an option. smile.gif I'll see what happens.
+
Gordy
post 8.Dec.2012, 07:02 PM
Post #6

No not living here so long, 3 years in April, time flys! Moved here from Ireland, my wife is Swedish but had been away for 19 years at the time we moved here.

Karlshamn is nice indeed, Blekinge in general is very nice in the summer lots of nice places to visit and a great place if you like boats. But like you say it is pretty depressing in the winter.
+
Peter Thomas
post 14.Dec.2012, 09:25 AM
Post #7

I live in Karlskrona and love it here. In the summer it is one of the most beautiful places I have been to, having lived all around the UK and in the Rockies in Canada. In the winter it can be a bit depressing being dark all the time, but if there is snow, why not take up cross-country skiing.

Also, I recently went to an expats get together in Ronneby. It was good to find that there are others out here. If you are interested, there is a facebook page for expats in Blekinge - http://www.facebook.com/groups/429250307128446/
+
Gordy
post 21.Dec.2012, 07:22 PM
Post #8

I don't know about Karlshamn but I'm told that there is an English language Christmas Church service in Ronneby this Sunday at 4pm. you never know who you might meet!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options