• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Extention of UT Card

Has anyone extended their permit lately

luckylefty
post 23.Jan.2013, 12:47 PM
Post #1

Hello Everyone, Has anyone here extended their permit lately. I would like to know how long does it take because I am hoping it goes faster because i have sick parent back in my country who will undergo a cardiac bypass surgery and its the hospital policy that the next kin be available before they can proceed with the surgery. Please i need responses. Thanks and have a nice day.
Go to the top of the page
+
snarky
post 23.Jan.2013, 02:30 PM
Post #2

How many times have you extended it? I ask because the first time I got approved for 2 years, but when I went to renew I wasn't here the full 2 years so they just extended it for another year. That being said I turned in my paperwork for renewel/permanent last month on Dec. 10th (it expired on Dec. 16th) and I got it approved within 3 weeks with out having to go back for an interview. However, it also depends on where you live at. I live in a smaller area and they told me that their office and a lot of the littler offices across Sweden take in overflow renewals and applications from the bigger cities. Also, when I was waiting on my first renewal I called and got the case number and kept checking it online (after not hearing anything for 2 months). I also had the help of my sambos very un-swedish like dad pushing them along as well as getting the employment agency to push them along. Anyway after waiting for about 3 months I got the interview and all was good. But I think on their website it states it can take up to 6+ months. I know they kept telling me if I had to leave Sweden before decision was made that since I was from the states I wouldn't have any trouble re-entering...but I never tried it and I would be hesitant.
+
frood
post 23.Jan.2013, 02:50 PM
Post #3

An year back, my extension application took about 6-7 weeks to be approved. In 2013 January, just 2 days! (Though Migrationsverket was informed in December that my application was on its way and they were probably expecting it.)
From the time of leaving the biometrics, it took 4 days to receive my UT card.

I'd say the experience is mixed.
It always helps for the employer to call the case officer and put in a word regarding the urgency with which the business needs the employee. Follow up calls may be needed, however. Case officers, again, vary between harried, indifferent, or attentive & helpful.
+
luckylefty
post 23.Jan.2013, 04:47 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (snarky @ 23.Jan.2013, 02:30 PM) *
How many times have you extended it? I ask because the first time I got approved for 2 years, but when I went to renew I wasn't here the full 2 years so they just extended ... (show full quote)

Hi , I was issued for a year and it will expire February 7th 2013 few weeks from now. Now my dad surgery is for march so i was wondering how soon can it be extended. I sent in an application for extension December 28, and i just found out today that i have been assigned a case officer. i have read some post here where someone said it took close to 3 weeks and someone else said a month. I was given an option of asking for priority and also supply documentation as in why i want priority.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description