• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
  Reply to this topic

How long to wait before you can apply for a phone?

Months? Years?...

candylm
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Hi

Been here 4 months with my job from the USA. Having a great time so far. I have been using a Pre Paid Iphone and monthly 3G internet USB with Telenor. This weekend I was going to see about getting a contract phone and internet.

Was just wondering if anyone knew how long you usually need to wait before building up a credit history? I have my personal number and been paying tax since the week I got here.

Thanks!

Candice
Go to the top of the page
+
Roux
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:34 PM
Post #2

I got one after proving six months of income and continuing, permanent employment with my contract . I doubt they'll accept four months but mobile phone sales people tend to be able to bend rules for a sale so you never know.
Good luck.
+
Kn33grow
post 19.Jan.2013, 01:52 AM
Post #3

I think you will have to be in the population register for at least 8 months,atleast thats what i was told.
+
candylm
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Thanks! I will try my luck in a few months after I have been here six and then if that fails I'll leave it till 9.

I'm not too worried about the phone as Its unlimited texts and calls, for what I pay. My main gripe is that I only have a 3G pay monthly USB Internet. Would love 4G but when I have spoken to the other companies they say you need a contract. If anyone knows of a pay monthly 4G USB, even with data caps and if you have to pay for the modem I would be happy to know what companies the are.
+
oddsock
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:59 PM
Post #5

I got a phone contract after four months in Sweden. I had to fax them a copy of my work contract that showed that I had income in Sweden. My phone company is Tele2. Good luck.
+
edd1
post 19.Jan.2013, 06:59 PM
Post #6

http://webbutik.comviq.se/mobilt-bredband-4g.html

Comviq 4G modem with 1 week free surf, 799:-

and Telia,

http://www.telia.se/privat/mobilt-bredband/kontant/

Also 4G modem. 599:- with one day free surf

Cheers
+
OkieFromMuskogee
post 19.Jan.2013, 09:12 PM
Post #7

Do you have a personal number? I think it's 4 months after you've received your personal number.

If not, you'll just have to stick with pre-paid...

Another option would be to have your work order the phone, but have the bill paid to your account. That's what I did, since I needed a phone right when I got here...
+
madroni
post 19.Jan.2013, 10:23 PM
Post #8

i got mine 10 days after i got my personal number, i gave them a copy of my work contract, they made a phone call to head office ,about 15 mins later they came back to me with my new phone..try it you never know. tele2.
+
becksoz1
post 21.Jan.2013, 09:10 AM
Post #9

I went through this all some time ago.

I started with Telia and a prepaid, and was helpfully told that when I had my personsnummer that something could be worked out. Upon returning to the store with said personnsnummer, someone new told me the currently wideheld story of work here for 8 months OR own property (which immediately bypasses the wait).

I promptly walked into a Telenor outlet nearby and had a rant about how Telia were being ridiculous and surely Telenor could not be so inflexible. I produced my employment contract and had a contract the next time I came into the store.

If you have permanent employment and proof then there should be no reason to decline your custom for a phone contract.
+
BL
post 21.Jan.2013, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Three confirmed 7 months to my wife on last weekend
+
Hede
post 23.Jan.2013, 12:11 AM
Post #11

I use comviq buy the 200 'kr credit and apply for XL Internet plan which is 5GB and it takes 149kr of that 200kr credit you just bought . You can call free and text to all comviq and use Internet freely . That's what I use now I had unlimited Internet for 120kr in UK I miss that , I never go in contract they rip you off
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: