• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Removal Company stole our valuable items in move

Pearson / Hamilton

Firehead
post 2.Dec.2012, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Anyone considering a move to or from Sweden from the UK or France/Switzerland should be aware that Hamilton Removals (although we signed a contract with Pearson's and were not told that Hamilton's would up) stole several boxes with our most valuable belongings in the removal.
They also broke most of our fragile items (fine china plates) as they intentionally threw things into a storage unit 1 km away from us rather than delivering to our agreed home address.
These were items we were not able to insure with them.
They will not refund or take any responsibility for this because of a cleverly designed contract where once we paid, we basically had no rights for our stuff.
They were polite until the moment we paid the money upfront and then they were rude, aggressive and insulting. I've moved countless times in my life, and these are the worst, and definitely most untrustworthy, removal companies I've ever dealt with. They should be ashamed of themselves, but they have our money and they simply don't care.
All I can do is warn others who are considering them because of their low price. Nothing is worth having your possessions stolen by people you are paying to care for them.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 3.Dec.2012, 10:22 AM
Post #2

I don't quite understand why you were not able to insure these items? If you knew that you were not able to insure your valuables why did you proceed with this company or at least not sign additional separate insurance.
+
John.Smith
post 3.Dec.2012, 11:14 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the heads up and warning as the question does come up here on occasion about which haulage/moving companies to use etc... However I guess you get what you pay for? It seems strange that certain items were 'uninsurable' ... that would have raised alarm bells straight away if it were me.

Regarding the stolen boxes.. this may be pursued via the small claims courts I guess???
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com