• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Changing your employment status at Skatteverket?

Registered myself 2 months ago, but now not workin

Katyabuchanan
post 12.Dec.2012, 09:42 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone! I'm hoping you guys can help me!
I'm half swedish living with my dad's friends just now, Ill be starting swedish lessons in January. I registered myself about 2 months ago and said I was aupairing (at that time, I was kinda doing that) but now I don't and I just live here, Shoud i phone skatteverket and let them know? Is it an easy process?
ALSO can I do it over the phone? as am leaving for home this weekend for a christmas break and it would be good to get it sorted smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 12.Dec.2012, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Skatteverket couldn't care less of what you do for a living. They only handle the population register.

The reason why they asked you the first time was only to decide if you were eligible to be in the population register or not. What happens after that they don't care about, unless you move to a new address.

Migrationsverket on the other hand care about what you do for a living, since that is the basis for right of residence/residence permit, but if you are a Swedish citizen you have no business with them.
+
Katyabuchanan
post 13.Dec.2012, 07:44 AM
Post #3

Okay, so there is no need to phone them and change it?
It's just I don't want the people am living with to end up getting taxed for an employee when am not working anymore! :/
+
Case officer
post 13.Dec.2012, 05:54 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Katyabuchanan @ 12.Dec.2012, 09:42 PM) *
I'm half swedish living with my dad's friends just now, Ill be starting swedish lessons in January. I registered myself about 2 months ago and said I was aupairing (at ... (show full quote)

Did you register your right of residence at the Migration Board? You only need to do that once and you are allowed to stay in Sweden as long as you can support yourself. There is no need to re-register at the Migration Board, unless you move out of Sweden and then move back.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com