• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Ikea food? No thanks say India

(BANNED) Some people have good taste

byke
post 22.Nov.2012, 08:39 AM
Post #1

This made me laugh.
When a retailer is specifically asked not to sell a product HAHAHAHA

http://www.firstpost.com/business/no-ikea-...dia-531253.html
Go to the top of the page
+
hackie
post 22.Nov.2012, 09:26 AM
Post #2

@ OP,
Don't you have any reasonable thing to do with your time and life apart from being pessimistic? Why are you always spamming this blog with your stupid threads and comments? This blog is not meant for people like you that never see the good sides of life. People like you hide under the umbrella of anonymity to troll around the internet. If you are not happy in/with Sweden, its never too late for you to move or mellow down and get a life elsewhere. Mind you, my comment is based on all your pessimistic threads on this blog, not just this one. By the way, where do you work? I asked because it seems you spend 23 hours of your day on thelocal. Your comments are everywhere!! Common, grow up a bit man.
OBS! I've got no time dragging words with you. In other words, you get no more reply from me on this thread. Good day.
+
globaltracker
post 22.Nov.2012, 09:34 AM
Post #3

I would say that Indian Government has really helped IKEA by implementing this ban.
Compared to Indian food Swedish food is tasteless and has no flavor what so ever.
I know there is a big expat community in some major cities in India but still I don't think the demand will be high enough for some Swedish meat balls.
Come on IKEA when can we have IKEA samosa unsure.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 22.Nov.2012, 09:39 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (byke @ 22.Nov.2012, 08:39 AM) *
This made me laugh.. When a retailer is specifically asked not to sell a product HAHAHAHA

Maybe it is time to either see a very good English Teacher, because your understanding of English language is absolutely dreadful.

It has taken Ikea many years to get into India, and they are not allowed to sell Food. It is not banned as you seem to believe. India has trade restrictions that make it difficult for foreign companies to establish themselves, Ikea's own application did not include the food, they knew in advance it was restricted.

Fool!. blink.gif .
+
hackie
post 22.Nov.2012, 09:42 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 22.Nov.2012, 09:39 AM) *
Maybe it is time to either see a very good English Teacher, because your understanding of English language is absolutely dreadful. It has taken Ikea many years to get into Ind ... (show full quote)

Thanks Yorkshireman. That word in bold is what fully describes him. He misunderstands every news and comes here to spit poo.
+
Snood
post 22.Nov.2012, 10:05 AM
Post #6

Oh no, they won't be able to sell old furniture... what a blow to Ikea's business model of selling new furniture....
+
animesh
post 22.Nov.2012, 11:25 AM
Post #7

btw even if it was allowed , i highly doubt if they would have sold food.
almost 90% in India wouldn't go inside a store where it smells sausages...
IKEA samosa , i love that idea smile.gif ..
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #8

Who cares about India.
+
Hisingen
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:10 PM
Post #9

Curried meatballs and chiapattis, pea soup with tandoori chicken. The new Swendian menu ???

And Rima1985 . 'Who cares about India'. Easy - the Indians.
+
byke
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:13 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 22.Nov.2012, 09:39 AM) *
Maybe it is time to either see a very good English Teacher, because your understanding of English language is absolutely dreadful. It has taken Ikea many years to get into Ind ... (show full quote)

Banned : the state of restricting something.
Ikea : A business model that is not able to offer the same services as they do elsewhere in the world, with the emphasis of them prohibited from selling food in India.

AKA Banned.

Like it or not, "banned" fully complies with description relating to the article.
So this idea of comprehension relating to the English language is rather rich coming from a self proclaimed northerner.

So you will need to try harder with your attempts of your Engrish kung fu.

#Tyke-Wrong-Doo laugh.gif
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:15 PM
Post #11

The thing is that WE DONT GIVE A SHIT about what India think about Ikea.
Their spicy food are just disgusting...
+
AW1
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:44 PM
Post #12

By WE, you mean You?

A nice Indian curry or bouncy meatballs from IKEA? Hmm, it's a tough one to answer... blink.gif
+
Coolrunnings
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:55 PM
Post #13

No big deal, except for swedish food exporters.
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:58 PM
Post #14

Ikea food= Swedish food?
Looks like you never tasted real Swedish food, I did smile.gif
+
JulieLou40
post 22.Nov.2012, 03:33 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (byke @ 22.Nov.2012, 02:13 PM) *
So you will need to try harder with your attempts of your Engrish kung fu.

That would have sounded a lot better if you could actually spell "English" correctly, byke.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com