• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

American living in Gothenburg

Anyone else?

Sarah_Cactus
post 22.Nov.2012, 05:33 PM
Post #46

Hello dear English natives in Gothenburg!

I work for Cactus Language training, a language training provider located in Brighton, England, and we are currently looking for an experienced and qualified English teacher for this course:

2:1 English course
Participants: 6 and 8 year olds who know little English. The family is moving to the US next year.
Date/Time: Monday and Wednesday afternoon, 16.00-17.30 pm
Start Date: asap

Do you happen to know somebody who could be interested in teaching this course?

Any help would be great!

Please email me on: sarah.woywod@cactusworldwide.com

Thank you very much,
Sarah Woywod
Go to the top of the page
+
Elway82
post 17.Dec.2012, 07:13 PM
Post #47

I just moved to Göteborg three months ago from Colorado. I would also like to meet some other Americans who live here.
+
organic225
post 17.Dec.2012, 07:37 PM
Post #48

Hey! I just moved here last week. Was at Migrationsverket today taking care of some business. Are you here for work, school, etc? I'm from New England. Would love to meet some other Americans.
+
Charliecampbell
post 22.Jan.2013, 08:51 PM
Post #49

Hello. I'm from chicago and just moved here three weeks ago. I play professional football or as us Americans like to call it soccer. Yesterday I was offered a contract and signed it to play for Ljungskile SK. I have been living at my friends apartment, also from chicago, in uddevalla for the past three weeks but I want to immerse myself in Swedish culture and the best way I know to do that is to live in a major city. I'm looking to rent an apartment in Gothenburg. Half of the players on the team live in Gothenburg so transportation to training and games in Ljungskile is not a problem. However I've heard and currently experiencing the nightmare of trying to rent a 1-2 room apartment in Gothenburg. Any tips or advice for me? All suggestions are much appreciated.
+
Migga
post 22.Jan.2013, 09:01 PM
Post #50

Ask your teammates and anyone else at the club you play for.
+
infopass
post 22.Jan.2013, 10:06 PM
Post #51

Hi all,

moved to linkoping not long ago but I would make the drive down to gothernburg if we all had a meet up. It is soooo boring here not many americans or brits around. Anyway I would be interested in meeting up "team gothernburg". Message me if something is up and I will keep an eye out on this thread.

I am from England but moved to states long time ago. Lived in San Jose CA then spent last 7 years in Las Vegas, now am here. Missing Las Vegas for sure.

Deb
+
Charliecampbell
post 22.Jan.2013, 11:21 PM
Post #52

I have but all the connections they have for housing is in uddevalla.
+
entry
post 23.Jan.2013, 07:28 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (infopass @ 22.Jan.2013, 10:06 PM) *
Hi all,moved to linkoping not long ago but I would make the drive down to gothernburg if we all had a meet up. It is soooo boring here not many americans or brits around. Anyw ... (show full quote)

I have been here since 2004 and still have extra fingers on the one hand that I use to count the Americans that I have met here in Sweden(btw San Jose ROCKs every night of the week - says this NYC boy). It has been a while since the wife and I gone to a Team Gothenburg Meet. If there is interest and no scheduling conflicts two heads can be added to the list. -Paul
+
organic225
post 24.Jan.2013, 06:24 PM
Post #54

Hey Paul,

I've been here for just over a month--would love to meet some other Americans. Do you live in the city proper?
+
entry
post 24.Jan.2013, 07:12 PM
Post #55

Sent you a message with contact info organic. Check your mail box. -Paul

(Sachin, I am probably going to finally get around to call you -Hope your number hasn't changed)
+
*johnny0*
post 22.Oct.2013, 08:20 PM
Post #56

I just moved here!!! Looking for some americans my own age to meet up with and grab a drink. twenty or thirty somethings?
+
unemployed-IT-Security-gu...
post 29.Dec.2013, 03:56 PM
Post #57

DCist hoping to move to GBG asap. I have EU citizenship - any suggestions on securing work for those of us not up to speed on Svensk?
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN