Reply to this topic

Swedish classes in the Sigtuna/Märsta area

Recommended schools for learning the language

PBR_Streetgang
post 6.May.2009, 10:47 AM
Post #1

anyone know of any good swedish classes in the above area? Not interested in SFI
Go to the top of the page
+
Inletwatcher
post 6.May.2009, 12:02 PM
Post #2

I have picked up more swedish than I realized just by hanging out with Swedes. The younger the better, I perfer like under 10 as they have patience for me to ask again what a slide is or what a leaf of grass is called. The older Swedes seem to be all too happy to speak to me in English so it does not help the language, but build friendship. I agree with you on SFI its not for all. I heard a ways back that they are going under a change in how the classes are divided among who has had more college or none. I was in class with folks that had not been taught how to write the alphabet yet. I bet they REALLY hated it.

Peace and best of luck to this fun language!
Inlet
+
PBR_Streetgang
post 6.May.2009, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Hi Inlet

I have a 4 year old daughter who's picked up the language really quickly, so I enjoy practicing with her!

I'm in the lucky position of the company I work for being willing to pay for classes smile.gif . Have looked at Folksuniversitetet but don't fancy traveling to Stockholm twice a week after work. Just wondering if I'm missing anything that may be available in my Kommun.

thx
+
Puffin
post 6.May.2009, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Some of the evening class centres offer Swedish evening classes (Medborgarskolan/ ABF / Studieförbundet vuxenskolan) - however their classes tend to run September- april/may.

Is there any particular reason that you are ruling out SFI? There are a lot of generalisations about the course - however some classes can be very good - in some areas people actually transfer from Foluniversitet to SFI as the class is better and free - all classes are different.
+
Jacey
post 4.Nov.2011, 09:40 AM
Post #5

I'm in the lucky position of the company I work for being willing to pay for classes smile.gif . Have looked at Folksuniversitetet but don't fancy traveling to Stockholm twice a week after work. Just wondering if I'm missing anything that may be available in my Kommun.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3,872 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles