Reply to this topic

On sick leave

When do you need a doctor's note?

Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:12 AM
Post #1

I've been sick from work since Thursday, I don't work on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I was on sick leave Monday-Wednesday this week. If I go back to work tomorrow, do I need a doctor's note?
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:39 AM
Post #2

You need one from calendar day 8 - so if you return to work on day 8 then you don't need one ie if you went sick on Thrusday and return the Thursday a week later you do not need one
+
Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Thanks Puffin, that's what I thought =)
+
Yorkshireman
post 30.Jan.2013, 10:08 AM
Post #4

If your employer has a collective agreement with any Union, then whatever is stated (if anything) in that agreement is what is valid, and it can be shorter than 8 days.
+
Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Not that I am aware of, or if they do I didn't sign anything. I just couldn't be arsed going to the doctor for a cold and I am feeling A LOT better this afternoon. Apart from a little headache that I can live with I'm good to go back to work.
+
Yorkshireman
post 30.Jan.2013, 03:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Opalnera @ 30.Jan.2013, 03:29 PM) *
Not that I am aware of, or if they do I didn't sign anything.

If they do then it often doesn't matter whether you signed anything or not, since employees are supposed to be treated equally, if there is a collective agreement then it is normal (even if you are not a Union member) that it is included in your employment contract, and the basic routines agreed with the union apply to everyone.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement