• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Living in Sweden,2 years

Time to get a personal number

Kegzmc
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:02 AM
Post #1

Hi all,

I have been living in Sweden for 3 years now but under the radar if you get my drift. I have been working from home country and paid my taxes there accordingly.

I am now in Australia for about 8-12 months and when I return I was thinking about getting a personnummer. DO you think there is any issue with this.

I am aware I should have probably registered earlier but want to make sure there is no problems doing it later.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:24 AM
Post #2

No issues whatsoever. The system is very well designed to handle these kind of cases.

Simply put: explain the situation to skatteverket, pay the taxes you owe them, serve the jail sentence and you're clean. rolleyes.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
johnjohn
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:33 AM
Post #3

You have a BIG problem if you get my drift. You were here illegally and have been not paying taxes which you are required to do. Most likely you will receive a 5 year European (Schengen) ban. No way will you get back in. If you get my drift.
+
Kegzmc
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:34 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (PDX @ 26.Feb.2013, 08:24 AM) *
No issues whatsoever. The system is very well designed to handle these kind of cases.Simply put: explain the situation to skatteverket, pay the taxes you owe them, serve the j ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 26.Feb.2013, 08:33 AM) *
You have a BIG problem if you know what I mean. You are here illegally and have been not paying taxes which you are required to do. Most likely you will receive a 5 year Europ ... (show full quote)

Ha ha. How was I there Illegally? Irish people can live in Sweden. My family is still there.
+
johnjohn
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:38 AM
Post #5

Sorry I did not get your "Drift" properly.
+
unionisten
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:39 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Kegzmc @ 26.Feb.2013, 08:34 AM) *
Ha ha. How was I there Illegally? Irish people can live in Sweden. My family is still there.

nope you must pay taxes in sweden if you live there and just because your an EU citizen doesnt mean you can move as you please
+
Kegzmc
post 26.Feb.2013, 08:44 AM
Post #7

I know I cant move as I please. Lets go back to the question if thats ok, when I return to Sweden, is there any problem with saying I have just moved to Sweden?
+
skogsbo
post 26.Feb.2013, 09:01 AM
Post #8

Possibly, but as you come across as thinking you know best, why start a thread and pose the question?
+
Kegzmc
post 26.Feb.2013, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Lets drop it. Smart arsed cunt
+
PDX
post 26.Feb.2013, 09:27 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Kegzmc @ 26.Feb.2013, 09:44 AM) *
I know I cant move as I please. Lets go back to the question if thats ok, when I return to Sweden, is there any problem with saying I have just moved to Sweden?

Sure. The problem is that by doing this you were and will be committing tax fraud. Will you get caught? How could we know? If you do, the consequences are rather clear.

~~~PDX~~~
+
skogsbo
post 26.Feb.2013, 09:51 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Kegzmc @ 26.Feb.2013, 09:03 AM) *
Lets drop it. Smart arsed cunt

With that attitude I can only hope SV catches you.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se