• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Registerutdrag received from skatteverket

What to do after receiving that letter?

islandboy
post 16.Nov.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #1

hello,

I'll try to explain my adventure as short as possible. So i arrive in sweden and have to register that i live in sweden. so i go to a skatteverket office(in Kista) to register and at the same time to apply for a swedish id card... everything is filled in right... i wait 1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks still no letter from the skatteverket!! so i call them and explain the problem and they finally got that they sent the letter was wrongly sent... So the guy agree to send me an" extract of the population register" letter directly so its faster for me after to make my id card. I receive the "extract of the population register" letter after 2 days but they registered my family name wrong!!!! I call them and they tell me to go to the office i registered myself to make the correction. I go to the office and they write the request to the modification and am told to call in 4 days. so i call in 4 days and the correction is still not made so i pressure then and finally get in touch with the person who handled my case and he makes the modification and am told i will receive the letter in 2-3 days... Today i received a letter from them titled "Registerutdrag" and in a frame "Tilldelat personnummer" on the left side of the letter and with my name written the right way now.

So is it the letter i need to go pay the 400kr fee for the card??? and where can i go pay for the fee considering am live in Stockholm????
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 16.Nov.2012, 02:16 PM
Post #2

Yes, since you now have a personnummer (social security number) you are in the system and can apply for an ID card.

The two things are separate: first you get a personnnummer (which you have done), then you can get an ID card.

Here is detailed information: http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/blankett...4f80002305.html
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply