• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Any Brits Live In Wilderness Locations In Sweden?

UK to remote, rural, wild Sweden

Cheryloptomen
post 14.Nov.2014, 03:53 PM
Post #1

I am a television producer working for major independent production company Optomen Television in London. We are currently producing a new documentary series for Channel 4 in the UK about people who have quit the rat race and moved to live in remote locations the world. It will be an inspirational series following the incredible stories of ordinary people who are living a unique way of life in some of the most beautiful and breath-taking places. The presenter, Kevin McCloud, best known for presenting the hit TV series ‘Grand Designs’ will visit people in their wildness homes and get to experience first-hand the wonder of life in these stunning locations.
Our research team in London is currently looking for suitable stories to feature in the series and we're keen to contact people who may be interested in taking part. I thought I would approach people on the forum as I’m trying to find Expat British families attempting to live self-sufficiently in wilderness locations in Sweden and I was wondering if anyone on here could be interested? Or perhaps you know of someone who would be suitable?
Our show is primarily about living off the land and going to a back to basics existence. The presenter, Kevin McCloud has made a programme for Channel 4 in the UK called ‘Kevin’s Man Made Home’ which explores self-sustainability and ‘Wild Homes’ is an extension of this theme.

Here’s a bit more explanation on the show. The idea is that the presenter Kevin will spend around 5 days living with the contributors, experiencing life in wilderness locations. Our ideal scenario is one where the individual/couple/family have built their own property and are living off-grid. A large element of the show is about living in the wilderness, so the larger the element of living off the land, the better. This particular show is more about moving to the wilderness to enjoy a simpler life, surrounded by nature. For example are speaking to a British family who have given up jobs as Lawyers in London to move South America and are building an eco-house on the side of an active volcano. We are looking at how they get water, electricity, food, how they school the kids, etc.

I hope this gives you a bit of a steer.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Cheryl Jackson
Producer
Cheryl.jackson@optomen.com
Go to the top of the page
+
cherrybubble
post 14.Nov.2014, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Cheryl, stop spamming the forum.

We've seen it.

Stop reposting under every topic.

That just makes people mad and someone will flag your posts as spam and they will all get deleted and you'll be banned.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options