• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Selling a Uk Reg car here in Sweden

... Standard UK paperwork?

John.Smith
post 13.Feb.2013, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Hi Folks,
I know a guy who has recently moved here (last Autumn) and he drove over with his car and trailer etc... Rather than go through the hassle of driving it back or registering it here in Sweden I suggested to him to sell it here in Sweden to someone who is looking to move back home and needs transport, i.e. rather than renting a van or arranging shipping etc..

Question is, is there any other paperwork he needs apart from the standard registration docs? I mean, if he sells to another UK national here in Sweden, surely all he needs to follow is the standard UK process of sending in the signed registration document etc.?

Apart from that, is just a case then that the buyer just needs to arrange his UK insurance?

Just checking smile.gif

//J:S:
Go to the top of the page
+
PageyGB
post 13.Feb.2013, 09:31 AM
Post #2

If it is to another UK guy and the car hasn't been imported in anyway then yes, it's just a case of following the usual paperwork. Needs a UK addres though obviously.

I sold my beemer last year to an American guy who was moving to the UK. Great deal for us both.

Here is a good tip too
http://www.stuartcollins.com/
Does unlimited European travel insurance, unlike the usual 90 days from UK companies and they are pretty good prices too. Means you can actually have your UK car for a year in Sweden and no need to notify dates of leaving UK and returning etc.
+
John.Smith
post 13.Feb.2013, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Thanks for that!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply