• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Problem collecting a package from Posten

Posten problem

Nonswedishexpat
post 24.Jan.2013, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Does anyone in here know how to collect a package from 'Posten' when you don't have an id-kort? The guy in my local ICA was pretty inflexible. I showed my EU-passport and my letters from 'Skatteverket' with my personal number, but he said he could not give me the package.

My Swedish isn't so good, but from what I gather he saying that he couldn't give it to me because of the "utökad identifering" and that because I didn't have a Swedish ID, I would have to go to 'Skatteverket' and order one; but the thing is, the package gets sent back to the sender next week and an ID-kort would take 4-6 weeks to get to me. So I don't know how to get around the problem.

Has anyone here had a similar problem and, if so, maybe a solution?
Go to the top of the page
+
djmarko
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:02 PM
Post #2

been in that situation before, its just a bit of common sense really, a passport is the most important piece of ID one can hold, shame some people here cant think outside the box, wonder how on earth they get these jobs!!
+
Micardo
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:03 PM
Post #3

I had a similar problem. If it is sent to you he has no right to withold it if you provide suitable ID. A person number is not a requirement, just proper Id such as a passport. Try again, speak to another person and do not accept no as an answer.
+
Mib
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:08 PM
Post #4

Go back when there is someone else behind the counter. As I understand, they have to accept your passport as valid ID. I have lived here for several years without the need for a Swedish ID. If you meet the same problem agian, be firm and rude if necessary. Quote some BS EU law and stand firm...raise your voice if necessary...but no threats smile.gif. My Wife had an idiot refuse to give a package because the supplier used her maiden name instead of her married name. I went with her the next day prepared to create a big fuss and they just handed it over...it was a different person.

A couple of times I have gone to collect an item and they just gave me the package without ID...all I did was hand over the notification paper that I receved
+
Johno
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:09 PM
Post #5

This is clear enough about what is proof to Posten and it includes EU passports. Print it out and take it with you and show them. http://services3.posten.se/c/info_legitima...gitimationskrav
Its the section at the bottom that lists the possibilities - paste it into google translate if your Swedish isnt up to it for your own understanding.

edit - for an ordinary package, but not neccessarily here. See below.
+
Yorkshireman
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:14 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Nonswedishexpat @ 24.Jan.2013, 07:59 PM) *
My Swedish isn't so good, but from what I gather he saying that he couldn't give it to me because of the "utökad identifering" and that because I didn't have a Swedish ID

Indirectly it is not ICA or Posten that are at fault here. But rather the sender of the package.

Posten have an additional feaure called "utökad identifering", that the sender specifies when preparing the package for Posten. The service-feature utökad identifering specifically states that only a person with a
Swedish ID Card that can be scanned at the handover point will be able to pick up the package, and the personnummer from the scanned-card is matched against the one the sender has specified as the receiver.

This was introduced as an additional security feature to prevent fraud. The sender (maybe if it was an ordered product, You) payed an additional 19:- for the pleasure of not being able to pick up the package!

If it had been sent without the utökad identifering then your passport would be ok for Id.
+
David S
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:15 PM
Post #7

Yup, just go back when it's someone else. Some of these guys are just jerks. My sambo went to pick up a package for me, She had my Swedish ID and her Swedish ID, as required. but the guy wouldn't let her take it because it was addressed to "Steadson" whereas my ID was "David Steadson". She just went back later, a different person gave it to her no problems at all.

Another time there was a package addressed to both of us, they wouldn't give it to her without my ID as well.

A third time, and at a different place, there was a package jointly addressed to my sons - 2yrs and 6yrs. They insisted I come back with their official IDs (fortunately both had passports) and they'd both signed the delivery notice!

Just ridiculous.
+
wunmi
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:17 PM
Post #8

Just go back when there is someone else at the counter, you will be surprised there wont be any problem collecting the package.
+
Johno
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:20 PM
Post #9

Utökad identifiering – ny tilläggstjänst för MyPack
Posten Logistik fortsätter att prioritera säkerheten för att alltid erbjuda våra kunder trygga och pålitliga transporter. För att ytterligare motverka identitetsstölder och bedrägerier inför vi nu tilläggstjänsten ”Utökad identifiering” på våra inrikes MyPack. Genom personlig kvittering garanteras en ännu säkrare utlämning som bidrar till att öka vår redan höga kvalitet och service. Tjänsten lämpar sig särskilt väl för högvärdigt gods och vid extra behov av kontroll att rätt mottagare hämtar ut paketet. Utöver namn och adress kontrolleras även att mottagarens personnummer stämmer överens med det som angivits i beställningen, innan utlämning sker via Postens ombud.

From Postens website - Yorkshireman appears correct in that they can require Swedish ID for this kind of package so that your PN and most importantly address tally with the declared recipient. (Utöver namn och adress kontrolleras). A passport does not show an address. But thats just how I read it !
+
Yorkshireman
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:24 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (wunmi @ 24.Jan.2013, 08:17 PM) *
Just go back when there is someone else at the counter, you will be surprised there wont be any problem collecting the package.

Let's put it this way ...If you manage to get this package without an ID Card, then ICA will have broken the purpose of the package type.

This type of package is not a normal package/parcel ...that can be picked up even by others with yoru ID.
When it is sent with the "extended identification", only the person with the ID Card that is scanned at the place of delivery can pick up the package ... They are NOT even supposed to hand this type of package out to anyone you have given the authority to pick it up!, and you cannot request it be delivered to your door either...

It is not the normal package, so the normal rules of id do not count... those rules listed above are for standard package pick-up ...not extended identification ones.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:25 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Johno @ 24.Jan.2013, 09:20 PM) *
From Postens website - Yorkshireman appears correct in that they can require Swedish ID so that your PN and address tally with the declared recipient. Thats just how I read it !

EU passports (issued after 2006) are equivalent to Swedish ID, so if you have EU passport + personbevis this should be enough. Posten should not be legally allowed to demand Swedish ID as it is a clear violation of EU regulations However, the idiots at Posten never bothered to check this before they introduced their new "service". Also, I bet the new Swedish driving licenses issued from Jan 1 this year do not comply with their system...
+
Yorkshireman
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:30 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 24.Jan.2013, 08:25 PM) *
EU passports (issued after 2006) are equivalent to Swedish ID, so if you have EU passport + personbevis this should be enough. Posten should not be legally allowed to demand S ... (show full quote)

Yes and most certainly no... if the package had been sent without the sender requesting extended identification, then any valid id is OK ... but, the sender has paid 19:- for a service that specifically states that the package can only be given to a person with a swedish id-card that matches what the sender has said.

For ICA or Posten to give out the package would be a breach of that Service Contract paid for by the sender. It isn't just a question of identification.
+
Johno
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:30 PM
Post #13

To Bender - read up about "Utökad identifiering" as I quoted. And its been well aired on here that Swedish institutions can specify what ID they want, even if its over and above the basic EU ID given by a passport.
+
Nonswedishexpat
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Thanks for all the information.
I guess there isn't a whole lot I can do.
Unless anyone knows of a form or letter I could get stamped that might satisfy the "utökod identifiering"?
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 24.Jan.2013, 08:49 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Johno @ 24.Jan.2013, 09:30 PM) *
To Bender - read up about "Utökad identifiering" as I quoted. And its been well aired on here that Swedish institutions can specify what ID they want, even if its o ... (show full quote)

No, they cannot. This is why posten and the banks were forced to change their rules some time ago to accept other EU IDs: http://bankforsakring.konsumenternas.se/Sp...tt-legitimera-/, as wekl as Skatteverket http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/idkort/v...9800035836.html However, as Yorkshire says, the question is whether it is the sender or Posten that violates EU regulations here.
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com