• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Foreigners to help plug Jokkmokk brain drain

The Local
post 7.Dec.2012, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Jokkmokk in Sweden's far north is hoping to entice foreigners to make their home on the Arctic Circle by offering cheap housing and a helping hand, all in a drive to help repopulate the area, The Local's Ann Törnkvist discovers.

"If we can't turn the tide around I really don't see much of a future," the municipality's integration coordinator Gunilla Nyberg tells The Local.

The population of the town of Jokkmokk, located just north of the Arctic Circle, has steadily shrunk since its peak of around 4,000 in 1990 to less than 2,800 today.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
johan rebel
post 10.Dec.2012, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Pity you can't see that vast and beautiful landscape for half the year 'cause it is dark day and night.
+
insect
post 13.Dec.2012, 12:04 PM
Post #3

so where are the links and contacts if one is interested
+
David in Murjek
post 14.Dec.2012, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Information and contact details can be found at Future Jokkmokk - www.futurejokkmokk.com . For Swedes wanting information, contact Gunilla or Maria here - http://www.jokkmokk.se/ext/templates/extPage.aspx?id=2640 .
Johan. I was out on my snowmobile yesterday and could see for miles for at least 4 hours. Only ten more days and the days will just get longer and longer! And the snow brightens up everything so much!
+
niknolt62
post 17.Dec.2012, 01:35 PM
Post #5

I am Bulgarian interesting to me is, I have worked in Spain and Italiya Germaniq
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description