• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Tacos in Sweden

Swedish Tex-mex?

Bender B Rodriquez
post 10.Jan.2013, 01:49 PM
Post #16

I would rather have some real Mexican chain than Chipotle which is in no way authentic Mexican food.
Go to the top of the page
+
Schomberg
post 13.Jan.2013, 01:37 AM
Post #17

fried chicken? Where are you getting that? Don't know anywhere in Göteborg that does that. Horrid Pizzaz and kebabs and Mackers are what they're about. All mank. Indian has only very recently began to start catching on.
+
entry
post 13.Jan.2013, 09:27 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 10.Jan.2013, 02:57 AM) *
Have you ever had Swedish style tex-mex? There is nothing to microwave except possibly the tortilla breads. You must be thinking of burritos...Here is a typical Swedish " ... (show full quote)

Well, when I make my own I always add peppers & and sour cream.

QUOTE (Abe L @ 10.Jan.2013, 11:47 AM) *
I really can't agree with "the taco became Sweden foreign food of choice?", the burger and kebab are far more popular. Proven by the abundance of burger and keba ... (show full quote)

Yeah, if Tex Mex were as ubiquitous here in Sweden as the OP claims, I think I would have heard something about it from family and friends over the years. I am quite fond of Tex Mex but believe its popularity has been over stated.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 13.Jan.2013, 02:51 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (entry @ 13.Jan.2013, 10:27 AM) *
Well, when I make my own I always add peppers & and sour cream.Yeah, if Tex Mex were as ubiquitous here in Sweden as the OP claims, I think I would have heard something ab ... (show full quote)

Tex-mex was a popular home-dish in the 90s, not so much nowadays.
+
entry
post 13.Jan.2013, 03:25 PM
Post #20

Fair enough, I arrived in 2004 so what happened in the kitchens of the 90's I haven't heard much about it. I still love my burritos and plan on having some on the dinner/lunch/mid-night snack/elevenses or just whenever menu in the near future.
+
emk5071
post 19.Sep.2013, 11:04 AM
Post #21

Yes there is many kebab places and not really any taco restaurants but walk into just about any grocery store and you find a section dedicated to tacos which is larger then that found in Mexican stores elsewhere in the world. In fact, Sweden does worship the taco, or at least the ingredients unlike any country I have seen before. As for how it happened, I havn't a clue. But I do love tacos so its good with me!
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply