• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for Brazilian nurses in Sweden

Diploma validation advice

lfs
post 23.Dec.2015, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Hello,

I got a job offer in Stockholm and I'm set to move soon with my wife. We're Brazilians and she's a nurse, and we'll start the process to validate her diploma as soon as we arrive. We're aware of the process, the Socialstyrelsen website is quite clear about it, and learning fluent Swedish will be the major challenge of it.

What I worry about is the evaluation of the diploma: if accepted, it will surely require some extra tests and practical work time before getting the official permit to work as a nurse, which is fine, but if they rule that her Brazilian diploma is not acceptable in Sweden, it would be a huge step backwards. We're not willing to ditch her studies or profession.

I do believe the Brazilian model of nursing education would be well received... but that's mostly due to factual information, like the news on the demand of Brazilian nurses abroad (including Sweden), and the similarity with the Portuguese diploma, which seems to be really well regarded worldwide. I tried to find any info on that, but Socialstyrelsen can't provide this kind of information, and I couldn't even find a blog with personal experiences about that.

Does anybody know a Brazilian nurse in Sweden? How was the acceptance of the diploma?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 23.Dec.2015, 02:26 PM
Post #2

You could also try posting this question on Internations, and perhaps there are FB groups for Brazilians in Sweden. There is a FB group for non-Swedish trained healthcare staff: https://www.facebook.com/Framtida-V%C3%A5rd...53914634958448/
Just thinking that you may have more input if you also post the query elsewhere.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: