• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

Problem collecting a package from Posten

Posten problem

oddsock
post 27.Jan.2013, 02:49 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (beefbroff @ 27.Jan.2013, 02:30 PM) *
Typical Swedes sticking to what the paper says.

Yes, you'd think especially that the sender would give permission in this case.

Teach Telia a lesson. Change to Tele2.
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 27.Jan.2013, 05:16 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (oddsock @ 27.Jan.2013, 12:54 PM) *
This utokad service is really dumb. Basically they are saying there could be somebody else who looks just like you and has the exact same name and exact same birthday as you, ... (show full quote)

Or it is a result of the fact that there has been an increased number of frauds and packages taken!

...what would You have said if You arrived to pick up the package and they said ...Oh!, someone that had a paper with yoru details on already took the package!

I add that because ...not too many years ago it was found that crime gangs were working for the post-office during the summer months as temporary workers ...they would order new credit cards from banks for people and then catch them in the local sorting offices. It took a few years for them to be found out, since they were only there during the summer vacation months doing cover-work.
+
Snowysnow
post 27.Jan.2013, 10:15 PM
Post #63

Hello,

First post here but I would like to comment since I had a similar situation recently. I was in a situation of having no ID "temporary", and I needed to collect my post. What I learned & the easiest solution for this case is
- Start processing your ID, pay 400SEK by online tomorrow
- Then next day, bring your payment proof and go to ID center and apply your card. They will give you a confirmation paper that they accepted your application (and photocopy of your "to-be" ID card). Bring this paper to ICA and show it, explain that you are in a process of arranging ID card (if you think this paper is not strong enough, explain Skattverket(ID center) the situation and ask their help to write some letter for you). Then posten should be able to give you your packet...at least I was told by my nearest ICA staff that they need to see some "official" letter that I am in process of ID card.

In this way, hopefully you can receive your packet soon, before it is resent..(or you may double check posten if this is "officially" valid rule, to make 100% sure).

If you intend to stay long in Sweden, I think anyway having ID card will help you a lot. And after my case I also thought 400SEK is worth doing...rather than encounting such a problem. Good luck!
+
oddsock
post 28.Jan.2013, 12:27 AM
Post #64

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 27.Jan.2013, 05:16 PM) *
I add that because ...not too many years ago it was found that crime gangs were working for the post-office during the summer months as temporary workers ...they would order n ... (show full quote)

I fail to see how the utökad thing helps to combat this?

I think the problem is that Posten have been scanning Swedish IDs for years and just won't change their ways.

If you intend to stay long in Sweden, I think anyway having ID card will help you a lot. And after my case I also thought 400SEK is worth doing...rather than encounting such a problem. Good luck!

I have been here four years and have done fine without a Swedish ID.
+
beefbroff
post 28.Jan.2013, 01:29 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (oddsock @ 28.Jan.2013, 12:27 AM) *
I fail to see how the utökad thing helps to combat this?I think the problem is that Posten have been scanning Swedish IDs for years and just won't change their ways.I hav ... (show full quote)

I got one because my bank (Swedbank) told me I couldn't join the internet banking service without a Swedish ID.
+
Johno
post 28.Jan.2013, 10:25 AM
Post #66

Seems a bit weird. Just checked my Sparbankens website and they dont have any specific published conditions for getting internet banking. They did a few years back say that you had to be a Swedish resident, but they gave me internet banking access anyway and I am not a resident, and obviously without even a PN and also no way can I get any Swedish ID.
+
oddsock
post 28.Jan.2013, 03:01 PM
Post #67

Posten are saying they are doing this to combat persons identifying themselves fraudulently.

They won't accept an EU passport with biometric chip, but they will accept a Swedish passport with biometric chip.

And this is the ridiculous thing, because all EU passports with biometric chips, including Swedish ones, are standardised and produced to the same security features.

So if it is forgery they are worried about, it is just as easy/hard to forge an EU passport as a Swedish passport.

So this utökad service results in the square root of f all increased security.
+
carrie32
post 28.Jan.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #68

I had to pick up a parcel today from ICA, a passport should have been enough for identification but he said the computer needed him to enter the last four digits of my perssonnummer. I don't have one but I gave him my EHIC and he entered the number off that. The computer was happy, the young man behind the counter was happy and I was happy, because I had the boots I had ordered from amazon.
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com